Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THIS ONE!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Henno
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Agnes Water
Registration date : 2020-02-06

THIS ONE! Empty
PostSubject: THIS ONE!   THIS ONE! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2020 3:01 am

I am thinking of buying one from this guy in NSW.who imports a lot of S.Cs

This one is the real deal high/low range with the manual hubs and LWB so it ticks a lot of boxes but....
Am I correct in assuming these ones only came out with the 3L which is actually a non turbo 2.8litre? They must go like slugs compared to the 1kz-te I am used to?

This guy also seems to know his stuff but.... He advertises some of his later model AWDs with the 1kz in them as being intercooled as standard! On here I have seen a few posts regarding how hard this would be to do as a mod due to the space and the airflow probs. The guys on Hilux 4wd sites seem to manage it but I have NEVER heard of a standard intercooled 1kz-te. Do they exist?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/coraki/cars-vans-utes/toyota-hiace-super-gl-4wd-auto-diesel-high-low-range-4x4-low-kms-/1256658747
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

THIS ONE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THIS ONE!   THIS ONE! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 am

" a non turbo 2.8litre? They must go like slugs"
It will sit on 110km/h all day if on the flat; any sort of a hill and it drops off quite a bit. If you're familiar with the hill going up the range between Landsborough and Maleny, I'm lucky to get 40km/h up the steep part. Overtaking at highway speeds needs a lot of space.
I would certainly like more power.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

THIS ONE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THIS ONE!   THIS ONE! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 4:04 am

I'll second that: our previous camper and our new one both had / have the 3L. Fine on the flat or downhill, but put any sort of upward incline in front of them and 30 to 40 km/h is all you get with the pedal flat down. I've never driven anything else so gutless, but of course the weight has a bit to do with that. It can be very embarrassing when you see that line of traffic building up behind you and there's nowhere to pull over to let them pass.

MalL likes this post

Back to top Go down
Henno
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 27
Home City : Agnes Water
Registration date : 2020-02-06

THIS ONE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THIS ONE!   THIS ONE! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 7:34 am

Thanks for those replies guys. They have made me decide that any Jiace in my future will have the 1kz-te in it. Mine is a rocket when it’s empty and overtaking was a breeze with a ton of tradies tools n stuff in it recently.

Bloody strange decision not bringing out the super Custom with high/low and hubs in it. Or putting the 1kz in these GLs.
Back to top Go down
Djhatzigiannis
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Eltham
Registration date : 2020-07-04

THIS ONE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THIS ONE!   THIS ONE! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 1:59 pm

1kzte came out 93. The prados with 1kz came with a cooler. That guy always has heaps for sale. You could just turbo the motor if it has everything else you want!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THIS ONE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: THIS ONE!   THIS ONE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THIS ONE!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: