Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cracked Head 97 1kz-te

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OldestP
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 40
Home City : Bulli NSW Australia
Registration date : 2020-03-05

Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Empty
PostSubject: Cracked Head 97 1kz-te   Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2020 10:21 pm

Hi all,
Finally got the van on the road after months of front yard fixing and on the first long trip it was pressurising the coolant overflow and overheating. I have replaced everything and know it’s a cracked head.
Wondering has anyone changed a head on their 1kz-te and in particular is it a SHORT VALVE head on our vans ?
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Head 97 1kz-te   Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 8:03 pm

Did a head swap on my Colarado (Prado) same engine but much more room, as I am not a mechanic had to do it twice as I nackered the gaskit first time but got there in the end no idea about short valve as I just ordered the head as per 1kzte colarado and it ran perfect no more bubbles or pressurizing in the header tank.
Back to top Go down
OldestP
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Head 97 1kz-te   Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2020 11:08 pm

Hi JT69
Thanks for your message I have worked out through part numbers that my van 97 is a short valve. It appears long valve came out much later.
Now to get the money together to fix it up. Stopping every 100km on the freeway is a real pain, given the distances we travel in Australia it adds up...
Back to top Go down
Djhatzigiannis
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 21
Home City : Eltham
Registration date : 2020-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Head 97 1kz-te   Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 am

Where are you travelling through at the moment? My mechanic in vic is great with the 1kz
Back to top Go down
OldestP
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Head 97 1kz-te   Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 6:04 am

Hi I made it back home and the old girl is parked up for now while I get the money together and do some research on which new head to get whether it’s AMC or something Chinese..
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Head 97 1kz-te   Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2020 5:29 pm

Here's are a couple searches for KZH106/1KZ heads on Buyee just in case you haven't looked there:

Buyee KZH106 Head Search

Buyee 1KZTE Head Search
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cracked Head 97 1kz-te   Cracked Head 97 1kz-te Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cracked Head 97 1kz-te
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: