Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for Rear leaf springs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
solaesthetic
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 32
Home City : stroud
Registration date : 2014-10-12

Looking for Rear leaf springs  Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 4:34 pm

have been hunting high and low

i hope you can help.

I’ve got and imported 95 Toyota Hiace GL 4X4 camper in need of new rear leaf springs, one side has gone saggy. the body type LH119
The OE part number I got from Toyota doesn’t match the springs that are on the van. and Toyota stopped supplying them anyway

The springs seem to be from an older model
I wouldn't be surprised if they had swapped the springs at the factory, perhaps to alter the ride for a camper.

The bolt centre to centre measurement is approx. 1200 mm (straight across / loaded). the rear fixing is a swing shackle,
There are 5 leaves in the pack.
the top 3 are 9mm
the bottom 2 are 13mm
the width of the springs is 60mm or 62 mm (they are quite corroded ) the two thicker springs are forged to splay a but towards the end.
rear leaf springs Dsc_0011
rear leaf springs Dsc_0311

I don’t think it is critical which spring set we use as long is it fits eye to eye, It could even take a wider spring if needs be. as long as its strong enough for a Max load of 2500 kg.

Can you help?
any pointers?

Could I use springs off a Hilux or something?

Cheers
Dan Hughes
Looking for Rear leaf springs  Dsc_0012
Looking for Rear leaf springs  Dsc_0312
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2020 11:49 pm

I know the location is hardly ideal, but I have used these in the past.

Might be worth a phone call.

Mancunian Spring Company.

solaesthetic likes this post

Back to top Go down
solaesthetic
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Kippax wrote:
I know the location is hardly ideal, but I have used these in the past.

Might be worth a phone call.

Mancunian Spring Company.
Thanks
I'll look them up
Back to top Go down
Southee
Southee

Number of posts : 19
Home City : Colne, Lancashire
Model and year : LH119 4WD LSD Cruisin Cabin 1992
Registration date : 2018-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 10:35 pm

I’ve been looking into this also, I have the same model as you and it’s looking this model has hilux leaf springs. You can get a kit from k s international in London 4x2 spring set should be on your van. I’ve not ordered them yet but when I spoke to them they said I could order them and if they don’t fit I could return for a refund. https://www.ks-international.com/toyota/toyota-4x4-parts/toyota-hilux-pick-up-parts/toyota-hilux-ln107-2-8d-1988-1997/suspension/suspension-kit-rear.html £246 with shocks as well.
I’ve studied these and it only looks like the u bolts are different because they are fitted upside down to the hilux
Back to top Go down
Southee
Southee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 10:36 pm

https://www.ks-international.com/toyota/toyota-4x4-parts/toyota-hilux-pick-up-parts/toyota-hilux-ln107-2-8d-1988-1997/suspension/suspension-kit-rear.html

The link again
Back to top Go down
solaesthetic
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2020 11:14 pm

Southee wrote:
I’ve been looking into this also, I have the same model as you and it’s looking this model has hilux leaf springs. You can get a kit from k s international in London 4x2 spring set should be on your van. I’ve not ordered them yet but when I spoke to them they said I could order them and if they don’t fit I could return for a refund. https://www.ks-international.com/toyota/toyota-4x4-parts/toyota-hilux-pick-up-parts/toyota-hilux-ln107-2-8d-1988-1997/suspension/suspension-kit-rear.html £246 with shocks as well.
I’ve studied these and it only looks like the u bolts are different because they are fitted upside down to the hilux

Hi, thanks for that. I am gutted because I just spent a ton of money on some that are getting made up.
did you happen to get the dimensions of the hilux set. I measured up the springs and the were 1200 mm in total and 590/610 eye to centre bolt. I think those are the only important dimension.
I the hilux spring are the same I could try and head off the spring makers before they get started.
Back to top Go down
Southee
Southee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 5:43 am

No there’s no dimensions on there website, that why he said I could return if wrong
Back to top Go down
solaesthetic
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Southee wrote:
No there’s no dimensions on there website, that why he said I could return if wrong

If they don't work then I would try this guys. It's a bit pricey but you'll know its right.

I've pasted in their response below. I told them it was a bit too much so there may be haggle space.

Going off the information provided we are now able to provide you with a price to supply new rear springs for your Toyota Hiace 4 x 4 camper.

To supply a standard spring which is a 3 + 2 is £245.00 each + VAT and carriage if applicable. These are not a stock item and lead time would be 10-14 working days.
We could also supply an uprated spring of 4 + 2 or 5 + 2, if this is required, please advise and we will provide you with a price.

Kind Regards
John Hoyle

image002.jpg

ROSSENDALE ROAD SPRINGS LTD

GRANE ROAD

HASLINGDEN

ROSSENDALE

BB4 5HA

SALES - 01706 217521

ACCOUNTS - 01706 831407
Back to top Go down
Southee
Southee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 pm

I only live 15miles from this place, and have been to see him with my van that’s how I know it’s the same as the hilux because he had to look in his special book on road spring serial numbers. Because when he looked under my van it didn’t Match up with the hi ace specs in his book it said 3x2 but mine 4x2 which is the hilux. yes I agree he’s a bit pricey. That’s why I started doing some research On hilux leaf springs. 
The only reason I’ve not ordered them is because I’m doing my cam belt and new alternator first this next week.
Back to top Go down
Southee
Southee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 6:27 pm

He also said he could recondition and that includes reshaping for £120 per spring with a 3/4 day turn around if I wanted.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 510
Home City : p
Registration date : 2021-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 10:49 pm

Hello guys

Am looking into https://www.ks-international.com/toyota/toyota-4x4-parts/toyota-hilux-pick-up-parts/toyota-hilux-pickup-ln107-2-8d-8-1991-8-1997-import/suspension/suspension-kit-rear-1301.html. The price does not seem too massive as they seem to come wiht all the fasteners and shocks.

If you or anyone else got these, please could you feedback on thoughts and experiences? I've got a broken leaf in my really quite rusty springs and while I don't think they will fail, they might not pass the MOT (am unsure).

What difference did they made to the ride height, ride etc?

Might PM you both in case you don't regularly browse the forum.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2022 4:26 pm

Hello Folks.

Any progress on replacement rear springs?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Merlin_
Not so new now
Not so new now
Merlin_

Number of posts : 76
Home City : Nelson BC
Model and year : 92 Hiace 4x4 Diesel Cruising Cabin
99 Tercel ce *mint*
00 Tacoma *loved and now lost, sold to buy my van!*
Registration date : 2012-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 6:37 am

Just google truck spring/drive line shops near you, they can make you new springs
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mjr760
LH119V
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2022 11:54 pm

Hi @Merlin_.

This is what I’ve been doing and need to step up my progress. I think there are only about six companies in the UK that make up leaf springs and none are local to me. I think this type of suspension is increasingly uncommon here and while it’s long lasting and there are plenty of OEM and aftermarket options for common vehicles, the Hiace is definitely not that.

I contacted a company that was suggested elsewhere on the forum and who a member on here has bought Hiace springs from and all seemed good for a replacement leaf and they immediately recognised the fault I have in one of my leaf sets but after sending them the exploded diagram for my springs they won’t give me a price to make up new without me sending them one of my spring sets and this would involve quite a bit of initial cost and still be a bit speculative.

The latest is that another company who don’t make up Hiace springs have recommended two other companies and I’ll make contact to see what’s what. I don’t mind having to deliver a spring set for the actual build, but I’d rather be able to get an estimated price without having to do this.

If anyone who reads this, knowns of a spring company they have recently bought springs from in the UK (last few years) then please shout.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Rear leaf springs    Looking for Rear leaf springs  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for Rear leaf springs
Page 1 of 1