Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windscreen seal

Go down 
+3
davee60
richturn
ruffnut
7 posters
AuthorMessage
richturn
Not so new now
Not so new now
richturn

Number of posts : 31
Home City : Dunedin, New Zealand
Model and year : 1995 kzh106 4wd
Registration date : 2020-04-23

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 12:43 am

Hi.. I got a 1995 kzh106 super custom...could someone clarify if windscreen is bonded in?? Just id like to take out that outer seal thing just to make sure there is no rust and paint around screen also need a part number for that outer seal as i want to fit a new 1.. thnx
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 3:46 pm

Hey richtrun, your windscreen should be the bonded type. Below are the part numbers and a link to the page from which I pulled the numbers.

75531-95J03 - MOULDING, WINDSHIELD, OUTER UPPER (superseded by 75531-26060)
75535-95J00 - MOULDING, WINDSHIELD, OUTSIDE LOWER (superseded by 75535-26020)

I just bought these myself in the past week for the day I repaint my van. PartSouq.com stocks these parts.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=75531-26060
https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=75535-26020

There are also some clips/fasteners used with the lower moulding that I couldn't find parts for anywhere, so let me know if you can find them, or when you go to remove the mouldings, take some pictures so we can see what we are up against. Based on web searches/youtube for other Toyotas, it seems like the clips are easy to break.
Back to top Go down
richturn
Not so new now
Not so new now
richturn

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:16 am

Thankyou kindly
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:27 am

try jp-carparts for the clips. I have dealt with them and they have been able to get everything that I required.
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:41 am

I couldn't find part numbers for the clips on jp car parts (I've had success with them in the past as well). I could only find the part number for fasteners that connect the moulding to the clips (based on reading the service manual).

FASTENER, WINDSHIELD OUTSIDE MOULDING, NO.1 - 75548-95J00 (superseded by 75548-26010)

Windscreen seal Windsh11
Back to top Go down
richturn
Not so new now
Not so new now
richturn

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 8:03 am

djathens...that great info..
Question? could i ask where i could find a nice clear parts manual like that that?
The online manuals i have found are no where near as clear or descriptive as that windshield parts diagram you posted, it so easy to read..thnx again..
Cheers Rich
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 11:56 pm

I got the lower moulding and the dam kit from PartSouq today. Wanted to share some photos of the lower moulding as it looks like the clips I mentioned not being able to find might come with the moulding. They look very much like the clips in the diagram I posted earlier. It looks like the clips might tuck behind the lip of the glass. Hard to tell how the fasteners come into play. PartSouq doesn't stock them, so I'm working on sourcing them elsewhere.

Windscreen seal Img_2018

Windscreen seal Img_2019

Windscreen seal Img_2020

Each 'wing' coming off the clip is flexible and can be pressed downwards, I'm imagining so they can flex down to get behind the glass, and then you can press them down again to remove the moulding.
Windscreen seal Img_2021

Overhead view:
Windscreen seal Img_2022
Back to top Go down
richturn
Not so new now
Not so new now
richturn

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2020 5:54 am

oh wow...hmmm okay..great pics thnx..Maybe i wont got pulling mine of untill i get new one the same as what u have done......i didnt realise it was like that, i dont want to destroy my clips just yet..please keep us informed...cheers
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 1:51 am

I got the lower moulding fasteners this week and am wondering if I really needed to order them. It doesn't seem like they'll break when taking off the moulding, but plastic does get brittle after 30 years.

Here are some photos of them and how they attach to the moulding clips. They have a peel-and-stick pad on the bottom for attaching to the body. They snap into the clip and hold fairly tightly; I could twist them and get them to pop off the clip, or slide them along the clip to where the ridge ends and then coax them off. Hard to say what the best technique will be to remove the factory moulding on the van.

Windscreen seal Img_2025

Windscreen seal Img_2024

Windscreen seal Img_2023

Windscreen seal Img_2026
Back to top Go down
richturn
Not so new now
Not so new now
richturn

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2020 7:51 am

thats a great help thnx,, now i know what im in for.. cheers
Back to top Go down
richturn
Not so new now
Not so new now
richturn

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2020 6:57 am

I just had a new windscreen fitted due to being cracked.for free as insurance paid. It has a nice bronze tint...they fitted a 1 peace generic looking seal ,,, im pleased it looks good, none of those clips to worry about, although the SC had to go to Panel beaters 1st for minor rust around where windcsreen fits..i had a look at rust expecting the worst, but it was very minor surface rust which just needed cleaning up and painting..im really happy with the complete job as if it was really rusty under that windscreen i would have sold it...but now knowing Ivan (the van) is rust free, he is a keeper.. we are off traveling around Otago NZ this weekend to test Ivan out.
Back to top Go down
davee60

Number of posts : 12
Home City : BRISTOL
Registration date : 2020-10-18

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 pm

1995 Hi ace Hi top camper.

The previous owner had a repair to the screen aperture and a new seal fitted 18 months ago.
However the screen has developed a very slight leak and water ends up in the corner just behind the accelerator pedal. Lifting the rubber seal away from the body at the bottom of the "A" post you can see water (drops) running down in the rubber channel. Should the windscreen rubber have some sort of sealant on it where it fits to the body and or where the glass sits in?
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 4:46 am

Despite our camper not being a Hiace any more, we had the windscreen replaced in our Dyna (which is actually very similar) after having the rust around the screen done (they broke it) and you wouldn't believe the amount of sealer they used so I'd say yes there should have been a generous amount of sealer used on yours. I hope yours hasn't developed some more rust, they're very prone to it.
Take it to a windscreen repair place and get them to take a look, maybe the screen needs to come out again and be properly sealed.
Back to top Go down
HiacePNW

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Seattle
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-12-28

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 8:15 pm

Just ordered the lower seal from Partsouq and it arrived within days to Washington, USA. best price online with cheapest shipping. Unfortunately they don't have the clips in stock. So I am on the hunt for those.
Back to top Go down
briandennis10

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Haiku
Registration date : 2020-11-09

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 11:24 pm

Actually I just did some work on my '92. It seems that when these seals eventually leak, water pools at the bottom and I got lots of rust. Ground it off, sealed and painted it. When reassembling the windshield, I put a bead of silicone caulk over the whole thing so that the seal makes a good seal to the glass. It's holding well
Back to top Go down
HiacePNW

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Seattle
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-12-28

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 7:20 am

briandennis10 wrote:
Actually I just did some work on my '92.  It seems that when these seals eventually leak, water pools at the bottom and I got lots of rust.  Ground it off, sealed and painted it.  When reassembling the windshield, I put a bead of silicone caulk over the whole thing so that the seal makes a good seal to the glass. It's holding well

Where is the water pooling? I have some water on the passenger side footwell right next to the door edge. Hoping my new seal will fix my water issue.
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2020 5:48 pm

I currently have some wetness under my driver's floor mat. Felt around for a leak coming down from the windshield, but everything felt dry. I'm thinking it might be the trim clips that the plastic molding at the door threshold screw into, as they poke through into the wheel well area and the sealant appears to have failed. I'm thinking that water might be entering while I'm driving down wet roads.

Anyone have a suggestion on what to use to reseal them?
Back to top Go down
djathens
djathens

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 6:03 pm

I was right about the trim clips being the culprit. Spraying water at the top of the wheel well caused a trickle to emerge from under one of the clips the trim piece slides onto. The one that leaked looked like it was missing a piece of factory tape in the wheel well, which covers the area the clip protrudes through. I bought a new clip, a roll of Gorilla Tape, and recreated the factory setup, will test it once the tape has had time to cure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windscreen seal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windscreen seal   Windscreen seal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windscreen seal
Page 1 of 1