Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Shocks needed Please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the_mothy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Rear Shocks needed Please Empty
PostSubject: Rear Shocks needed Please   Rear Shocks needed Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 9:34 pm

Hi,
need a pair of rear shocks for 1993 Super Custom. This is a Japanese import into the UK with Model number YKZH 100. apparently the number GJRPET is also significant for these parts. We have been sent several sets so far and all have had the wrong mountings or have been completely the wrong size.

If anybody has any information regarding part/suppliers the I would be very grateful.

Cheers for now.
Back to top Go down
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks needed Please   Rear Shocks needed Please Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 10:59 pm

No personal knowledge of buying or trying these but a quick google brought the Japanese TRD (Toyota racing development) website and the shocks are listed.
http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_shock.htm
Being TRD, I'd guess the parts are uprated/sports spec maybe.
I don't know your location but if in UK? then Fensport are the agent.
http://www.fensport.co.uk/
I've enquired with them before about old/rare Toyota parts and they are very helpful on the phone. Might be worth a try???
Al
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks needed Please   Rear Shocks needed Please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 3:56 pm

just phoned toyota and they are £110 each for the fronts and for the rears £130 each on my model with the t.e.m.s on it Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
the_mothy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks needed Please   Rear Shocks needed Please Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Thanks guys. Found the parts listed on the trd site but Fensport not particularly helpful when I spoke to them, will try again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks needed Please   Rear Shocks needed Please Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 am

You could also try BBC Spares - 01923 839966 - they do Townie parts but I've found them very helpful for other Aces too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Shocks needed Please   Rear Shocks needed Please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Shocks needed Please
Page 1 of 1