Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Deleting EGR on a 3L

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
plantzvision

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Colorado
Registration date : 2020-02-21

Deleting EGR on a 3L Empty
PostSubject: Deleting EGR on a 3L   Deleting EGR on a 3L Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi, I have 94 Hiace camper. I live and drive at high altitude 7000-9000'. On hills I get a lot of black smoke and low power. I replaced air filter. I want to remove/disable the EGR system. How do I get to it? What panels do I need to take out? Can I do it from underneath? I've searched forums, I bought a manual but no help on actual procedure. Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
shaggy0928
Not so new now
Not so new now
shaggy0928

Number of posts : 44
Home City : Denver, USA
Model and year : 1994 Super Custom Limited
Registration date : 2020-10-09

Deleting EGR on a 3L Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deleting EGR on a 3L   Deleting EGR on a 3L Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 7:00 pm

I know it has been a number of months since your first post here, but I only joined recently from Colorado as well.
One thing I would note about the EGR is that in certain areas of Colorado these vans must be run through a smog test before first registration and (maybe?) annually thereafter. If you live in one of those areas an EGR delete is an automatic failure and would keep it from being registered next go around.
Colorado has also recently changed emissions standards in the state to defer to the CARB board from California. I think that it will just be for new cars going forward as old ones would be grandfathered in, however part of it will be to expand emissions statewide so it is possible an EGR delete would become a problem in the future.
Apologies that I can't help you on the actual process, but I just wanted to chime in with what I've learned about importing while going through the process.
Back to top Go down

Deleting EGR on a 3L
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: