Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shortythadrumma
Not so new now
Not so new now
shortythadrumma

Number of posts : 47
Home City : MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Registration date : 2008-02-08

E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet Empty
PostSubject: E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet   E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:33 am

HEY FOLKS my 89 supercustom is a 2 litre fuel injected petrol (unleaded) 1rz engine...... has anyone tried using ethonol fuel or fuels containing ethonol in there petrol hiace's....???

Ethonol fuel is becoming widely available in Aus and for much cheaper too! was thinking of giving it a go.......

Aparently there's a rumour going around that it doesn't go well with older cars any MYTHBUSTERS out there????? hmmmmm would love any info cheers guys...... scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shortythadrumma
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet   E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 8:28 am

HEY SHORTY, I'VE BEEN USING E10 IN MY 2.4EFI HIACE FOR AGES AND NO PROBS TO REPORT, DON'T KNOW HOW THE 2 LITRE WOULD GO BUT I DON'T THINK IT WOULD GIVE YOU ANY DRAMAS. I DIDN'T NOTICE ANY POWER LOSS OR PINGING, I THINK THE RZ MOTORS RUN ON JUST ABOUT ANYTHING, THEY SOLD THEM EVERYWHERE AND I DOUBT THE QUALITY OF FUEL IN PLACES SUCH AS SOUTH EAST ASIA OR AFRICA IS OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY. PUT A FEW FEW LITRES IN AND SEE HOW YOU GO, AT LEAST YOU CAN TOP IT UP WITH PREMIUM IF IT RUNS BAD.
Back to top Go down
shortythadrumma
Not so new now
Not so new now
shortythadrumma

Number of posts : 47
Home City : MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet   E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:35 am

Cheers mate ill have a crack...... ill let you know how it goes cheers!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shortythadrumma
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet   E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 2:10 am

I run E10 in my Focus XR5 as it is tuned from factory for 95RON fuel. Runs fine on it. On older vehicles it can corrode metal parts in the fuel system and swell any rubber parts. Newer vehicles are made to be able to run it as they have different materials used in the fuel system.

Ethanol produces less energy than petrol, but has a much higher octane, so can run a higher ignition advance. Mixing it in allows better octane whilst limiting the bad economy effect. At 10% the economy is only marginally affected but provides a 4 point rise in the RON rating of petrol.
E10 is just regular ULP with Ethanol, but due to the solvent power of Ethanol, it cleans out the fuel system and helps keep the top end of the engine cleaner. It burns cleaner, so reduces emissions. The risk is also that as it cleans, little chunks of deposits break off and can foul the injector nozzles, preventing them closing fully and leaking, making it run rich and inefficient, or it can block and restrict the nozzles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet   E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E10 Ethonol fuel..... has any one tried it yet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: