Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mauson

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Southbank
Registration date : 2019-10-20

Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Empty
PostSubject: Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking    Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 2:30 am

Hello !
Could someone give me some directions about it ?
Yesterday I went out from my Basement and I saw something was leaking.
I don't know what to do, hope you guys can help me.
Is that a serious problem?
Thank you so muchSuper custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Screen10Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Screen11
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking    Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 8:04 pm

Ah yes - 30 - 32mm bolt, I had the same.

To fix it I loosened the bolt, wrapped masses of thin plumbers PTFE around (just underneath) it and re-tightened it.
Careful - it's the engine (pump) speed pickup terminals, when the nut is loose keep it pulled upwards - I used a crocodile clip + rubber band to keep it from dropping down.

Note, underneath is the fuel pump reservoir that must be kept scrupulously clean! (i.e. the leak is just an inconvenience, the flow back to the tank goes from there).
Back to top Go down
Pete_nz
Been here a while
Been here a while
Pete_nz

Number of posts : 267
Home City : Wellington, New Zealand
Model and year : '95 4WD Auto 3.0TD TripleMoonRoof
Registration date : 2010-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking    Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 10:41 am

That's a relatively common leak. It's a symptom of the age of the pump. That leak is an O-Ring that should be replaced. The trick with undoing that nut is to ensure the electrical connector part DOES NOT TURN or the connections inside will twist and break! Just use 2 spanners - one for the nut and one for the connector at the base. I forget the size for the connector (12mm?). Open it up and you'll see the o-ring. I think I used one from a nitrile o-ring kit but I could be wrong. Maybe got one from Toyota.

The ideal scenario is to completely overhaul and replace all the pump internal seals but the local reconditioners charge a stupid sum. I did this seal 7+ years ago and the pump is still going fine.
Back to top Go down
mauson

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Southbank
Registration date : 2019-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking    Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 10:58 am

Thank you so much guys !
I fixed it yesterday and now is not leaking anymore!
You are amazing!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking    Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super custom 3.0 T.D. Fuel Pump leaking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: