Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello All, New Member.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Woody

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Preston UK
Registration date : 2019-08-23

Hello All, New Member. Empty
PostSubject: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 pm

Hi All,

Just joined the forum for advice and help as I cannot find a Haynes manual or similar anywhere. I have a CD of the workshop manual but it doesn't cover things like how to remove trim etc. I stumbled across this site through pages of googling and it looks to be a great wealth of knowledge. We are in the UK up above Manchester.

Our van is a 98 Japanese import that was a camper, got stripped out by one of the previous owners. By the time we bought it was an empty van which we intend to convert back to a camper. It's a KZH132, (I think), 3.0D. Progress will be very slow on the conversion, but we always knew it would be a project, and how right we are! Toyota clearly put them together so well they never intended you to take anything apart and seem to have hidden most screws, bolts, fixings and wires in a truly inscrutable fashion.

I hope the image attaches successfully, and thanks for letting us join.

Van Outside
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 7:28 am

Welcome!
No the image didn't show but there are some instructions in the 'show us yours' thread for adding images.
Were you able to get any of the stripped out bits with the van or will you have to start from scratch?

You will certainly find the folks here very friendly and helpful; everyone gives of their knowledge freely and unlike two forums I belong to for my car, there is no charge for accessing anything or levels of membership.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 8:31 am

Hi and welcome we have a van the KZH 3ltr 132 ours is the semi hi top not quite high top like yours it was a camper when we got it 3 years ago but the bendy foldy rear bed was not up to the job and the compressor fridge abysmal too noisy, so last winter striped it out converted it to conventional rear bench bed big 70 ltr water tank at the back electric bed raiser, front kitchen with 100ltr 3 way fridge fixed refillable gas bottle (6ltrs for about £3.50) 3/4 height wardrobe diesel night heater solar panel on top choice of 2 table sizes and can seat six in the back . Not to mention it now runs on vedg oil one of the best engines to do this but thats a whole different subject I can write a book on.
PS I did put some pics on the forum look at all my posts should come up somewhere .
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 11:27 am

Hi again Woody if you go to my profile previous posts then posts second page and scroll down i posted some pics will give you some good ideas, beware though we spent the best part of £3000.
Back to top Go down
Woody

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Preston UK
Registration date : 2019-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi both, thanks for the replies and apologies for not replying sooner. I will have a look at adding a photo, but am running around preparing for holiday, so may take me some time.

In the meantime JT thanks for the note I will be sure to check out your thread and pictures on converting yours. Ideally we would like to cap our budget at £2k, but obviously I expect that to go up!

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 7:10 am

@Woody: "but obviously I expect that to go up" - if there is a woman involved that's not an expectation, it's a certainty!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2019 10:14 pm

Welcome!

Check out my camper conversion thread in the Custom section Woody, and just ask if you need to get bits of trim out.

In the meantime get a set of trim pliers and nylon trim levers from eBay. I use postimage.org for pics, seems to work for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello All, New Member.   Hello All, New Member. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello All, New Member.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: