Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

insurance value?????? Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dogsoldier96
dogsoldier96

Number of posts : 9
Home City : rutland
Model and year : 1991 Toyota hiace supercustom
Registration date : 2019-02-05

insurance value?????? Help Empty
PostSubject: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 10:43 am

Hi Guys,
well this morning I have had somebody completely wreck my hi ace by rear ending me while parked. Not good. However, apparently my insurance company are pretty good and have been recommended by this site so I am not worried. My real concern is how is it going to be valued? It is a 1991 van at the end of the day, will they have experts who will see it for what it is, how rare it is and value it accordingly?

some reassurance or positive suggestions will be great at this point. I valued it at 6500 on my insurance application. Any
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 1:36 pm

Oh no that's terrible to hear. Your poor van.

All being well they won't write it off. If they do the insurers will look for a vehicle of equivalent age and value on the market as it probably won't have a book value being an unusual vehicle. Normal rule of thumb is reject the first offer as they always come in as low as they think they can get away with. In the past I have had to argue with insurers and highlighted specific equivalent vehicles, and how much they are going for, in order to have a realistic payout.

Keep us posted.

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 6:52 am

@dogsoldier96 sorry to hear about your misfortune. Were you able to get their details or did it happen while you were away? Hopefully rear end damage will be repairable.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 pm

That's a shame Sad.

The replacement value is what they'll be looking at, your 6.5k looks a good start. As it's a non-fault claim for you I don't see why you should accept less - I'd start having a look around at replacement cost and also for fixing the van too if that's possible, it's quite strong due to the chassis rails.
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier96
dogsoldier96

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 11:39 am

hi guys,

thanks for the advice, yes it was completely the other driver at fault. I am still waiting on a decision if it is written off or not. To replace my van with equivalent seems to be difficult as I had the whole manga body kit etc. Things get worse though, the accident was caught on security camera outside my house where you can clearly see the guy is on his mobile phone when he hit me, pretty good news you would think, however due to some data protection or human rights thingy, I am having difficulties in getting the footage released etc etc. I have seen the footage and so has other people so my next move is to see if the insurance will accept them as whitnesses to the accident... Also it turns out the guy who hit me had no MOT on his car which opens up a new can of worms. I will keep updating as this saga continues.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 11:10 pm

Oh sh*t that makes things very awkward as his insurance co. will most likely wipe their hands of it, which means you'll lose any bonuses with your company. Why can't you get your camera footage? Is it a contract monitoring company rather than your own onsite recorder?
I still see so many driving while on their phones here too despite it's being illegal.
Your Manga front looks the same as ours other than colour but your back doesn't project like ours does; I hate to think what ours would be like if someone hit it!
I do wish you the best outcome.
Back to top Go down
dogsoldier96
dogsoldier96

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am

morning guys,
well my insurance company has got back to me and have offered £2500 for my vehicle as it is a total write off. Of course i have rejected this offer. It is now my responsibility to provide evidence of why it should be more as the valuers could not find an equal vehicle for sale to compare it with. Well of course they cant as these things are very rare. It took me a very long time to find one.. Has anybody seen a similar vehicle for sale i can show? This is very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 3:07 pm

dogsoldier96 wrote:
morning guys,
well my insurance company has got back to me and have offered £2500 for my vehicle as it is a total write off. Of course i have rejected this offer. It is now my responsibility to provide evidence of why it should be more as the valuers could not find an equal vehicle for sale to compare it with. Well of course they cant as these things are very rare. It took me a very long time to find one.. Has anybody seen a similar vehicle for sale i can show? This is very frustrating.

Look on the Japanese auction sites to see prices of a replacement you'd be happy with, add in shipping and 30% duty to the UK (on the total) to get a number.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 7:39 am

@ Dogsoldier96 why should it be your problem? Isn't that part of what you pay your premiums for? Make them work for it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: insurance value?????? Help   insurance value?????? Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

insurance value?????? Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General :: General chat-
Jump to: