Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sliding window removal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 99
Home City : N.Ireland
Model and year : 3.0TD 4WD camper 1995
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Sliding window removal Empty
PostSubject: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 7:41 pm

I intend to add a tint to the windows of my Cruising Cabin but the sliding windows look like they will be tricky to do while in place. Are the outer sliding ones easy to remove and replace again or is it a complicated job?
Al
Back to top Go down
jimsmim
Been here a while
Been here a while
jimsmim

Number of posts : 188
Home City : paisley
Model and year : VW TRANSPORTER T5 LWB poptop camper
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 8:16 pm

had mine tinted by a tinting company in glasgow and they never seemed to have any problem... they put a piece of vinal down the edge where both sliding pieces meet to hide the edge of the tint and stop it lifting when sliding the glass... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shortythadrumma
Not so new now
Not so new now
shortythadrumma

Number of posts : 47
Home City : MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:12 am

had no problems getting mine done i got the whole thing 35% on the driving windows and xtra dark 5% on the rear...... so no one can see my drums....... or me sleepin...... lol most professional tint shops should have no problems peace......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shortythadrumma
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Started them this afternoon and there's no need to take them out at all. Not as difficult as I thought. There's enough movement in the glass and slides to give the window a firm push outwards and slide the wet tint film the whole way under the seal for a perfect job. Because the film ends outside the seal it can't catch and peel later when opening the window. From the picture of Shortythedrumma's van, am I right in thinking his side windows don't open at all? Are there two different window arrangements then?
Al
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:31 am

hi yes there are 2 different opening types 1 slide the other swings open i think that was brought in around 1995-1996 mine is a 96 with swing opening windows.
cheers

dave
Back to top Go down
shortythadrumma
Not so new now
Not so new now
shortythadrumma

Number of posts : 47
Home City : MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:26 am

hey mate my rhs windows acctually swing open by opening them with a little handle from the inside they only open about 6 or 7 cm though just to let a bit of air in..... now on the lhs only the window on the sliding door opens the last side window at the end does not open...... the guy at the tint place said it made no difference and he did it fine..... if you need i can send some photos?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shortythadrumma
alfazar
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:42 pm

I'm fine thanks. Got it finished and it looks good. Actually had more trouble with the rear window.
Al
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sliding window removal   Sliding window removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sliding window removal
Page 1 of 1