Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wheels.............

Go down 
+5
shortythadrumma
maximus
Robbo
ruffnut
Big Lloyd
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Lloyd
Been here a while
Been here a while
Big Lloyd

Number of posts : 103
Home City : East Hertfordshire UK
Model and year : 1994 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Wheels............. Empty
PostSubject: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Where can us Brits get nice wheels for our SC's like they have in Aus?
I have tried a few custom wheel suppliers only to be told they are not available..... Sad
Any info.? Smile
Back to top Go down
ruffnut
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
ruffnut

Number of posts : 1042
Home City : Highett Australia
Model and year : kzh100 1996
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 10:02 pm

the wheels on mine came with it.
i was told that you need to look for light truck (commercial) wheels
Back to top Go down
Robbo
Been here a while
Been here a while
Robbo

Number of posts : 102
Home City : Forster, NSW Australia.
Model and year : 2WD 1996 SC Living Saloon with automatic turbo diesel 3.0lt 1KZ-TE.
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:14 pm

Yeah, they need the correct minimum load rating as do the tyres. Maybe look at Tarago rims?

I wonder if Aussie Magna rims will fit mine and have to explore that yet.

The SC went on the back burner for a bit as I had my car in getting hail damage repaired. Back to normal now cheers .

I love my Focus ST Very Happy

Or XR5 as it is known over here in Aus.
Back to top Go down
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:43 pm

mine came over with hart racing split rims.ive never heard of em before.it also came with normal tyres affraid . put extra load tyres on just to be safe.managed to get 4 x 215.55.16 michelins forĀ£350 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shortythadrumma
Not so new now
Not so new now
shortythadrumma

Number of posts : 47
Home City : MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 2:39 pm

hey got mine at a shop called the Tyre factory..... its like a franchise that sells pimped out rims for all sorts of cars.....not sure if its over your way but its quite a large franchise... i went in there and they sorted me out strait away no probs!!!! my buddy got a set for his too we both have 18inch w low profile tyres of different designs the brand of mine are ANZ if that helps at all......... you have to be carefull though some mag wheels are only meant to take a certain amount of wait so check the wait of your sc and ask the guys at the shop..... mine was just under the requred amount so i was stoked...... so now my ride is pimped ha ha ha ha...... be carefull though if you buy rims and they dont meet the legal reqirements your van insurance could be void..... i know theres heaps of guys around auz who use rims of the ford...... xr 6 and territory models check them out they dont look too bad and im pretty sure they meet reqirements........ good hunting....... peace....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/shortythadrumma
Big Lloyd
Been here a while
Been here a while
Big Lloyd

Number of posts : 103
Home City : East Hertfordshire UK
Model and year : 1994 sc 2.4td
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:32 pm

Will the Estima wheels fit an SC with 5 stud fitment? Does any one know? Question
Back to top Go down
pushrod
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 140
Home City : S Bucks
Model and year : 1990 2.4 TD 2wd Ltd
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Don't know, but why would Toyota make different stud centres for each bus? Doesn't make economic sense. Townace 4wd wheels might fit too ( 5-stud ) but you might have to check the load rating! Smile
Back to top Go down
CRIPLR

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:08 am

I've just been through the experience of getting wheels for my SuperCustom. It's tricky to say the least!

Here's some information that may help you;

Stud Pattern is 5/114.3
Offset is 25P or +25
Wheels need to be Load Rated
Hub Diameter is 67mm
Tyres need a 98 Load Index or better

I wanted to retain some of the nice ride quality the SuperCustom's have, so I only went as big as 16x7in. Due to the wheels needing to be Load Rated and also because of the Offset, choice of wheels is quite limited. In fact, we (me and the tyre bloke) could only find one decent set that fits all the criteria - the ALLIED Wasp. So I purchased a set and had a set of 215/60/R16 Yokohama A-Drive's fitted which have a Load Index of 99 - perfect!

Here's a couple of pics I took when I got home. Once I give her a tub I will take more pics and post them here for you.

[img]Wheels............. P5150077cm2
[img]Wheels............. P5150092ol3

It's very important, in Australia at least, that the tyres don't stand proud of the guards. The front is the problem due to the bearing caps being as large as they are. An Offset of 25P or +25 fixed the problem. The only problem with that is that most wheel manufacturers don't make wheels with a 5/114.3 Stud Pattern and a 25P Offset. It's usually either a 10P or a 35P Offset as this the common requirement amongst Fords and Nissans etc. Apparently fitting Alloy Wheels to a Hiace isn't common...
Back to top Go down
VOZZA
Been here a while
Been here a while
VOZZA

Number of posts : 150
Home City : SYDNEY
Model and year : 99 LIMITED 2000 UPDATE
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 9:42 am

Hey guys, my hiace also came with the wheels from japan, they are WORKS 17's. The guy told me they are rare as they have the correct offset for the hiace, you can get spacers to adjust the offset. As far as stud pattern goes, there are plenty of local hiace's in sydney with crazy rims getting around, same pattern as ford falcon/mitsushitty vans and nissans(skyline, sylvia, maxima, 300/350 etc...) hope this helps you guys in search of a nice set of rims, also try lexus wheels, obviously this won't apply to 4WD models, you guys have to put up with ugly offroad rims. Sorry just hate the look of 6 stud.
Back to top Go down
doofvan
doofvan

Number of posts : 19
Home City : Gold Coast - Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Hmm, weird,. I posted a topic asking about wheel off-set.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wheels.............   Wheels............. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wheels.............
Page 1 of 1