Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 60
Home City : Bendigo Vic
Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.
Registration date : 2017-07-19

AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS Empty
PostSubject: AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS   AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 am

Hi
My air con is grating and whining every 20 or so seconds, sounds like a fan rotating and grinding?

Anway, as a pensioner here in Melbourne i can't afford much mechanical/electrical repair (here in Melbourne).

I have gassed myself with WD40 trying to get the stuff into all the vents and sliders for the air con (1993 super custom) and eventually lost the red long thingy that attaches to the nozzle of the WD40, down one of the air vents.

Can anybody tell me step by step or an easy way to get to the aircon (and its fan)? Someone previously mentioned it's behind the glove box?? So, if a mechanic put it up on a hoist it wouldn't be visible would it, it's really a stupid thingy stuck behind stuff and I'm going to tear it all apart and be stuck (?)

(I can do stuff, I did fix my partly smashed window wiper water bottle, didn't think I could replace that so covered the hole and epoxied and then used tape).

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
jen
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS   AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Is it definitely related to the aircon? I recently had the radiator shroud surround the cooling fan crack, and that contacted the fan. The grinding noise came and went depending on engine revs.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

Model and year : Original Super Custom 1993 KHZ-001 apparently but comes in various names, in the USA she's a wagon or a DT custom, over here she (could be) may be called an RHZ.

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS   AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 9:58 pm

i don't know what a radiator shroud is but it gets worse when i turn the air con up. I WD40d thru the cracks each side of the glove box (because I don't want to take it off if i am going to get into more trouble) and it seems to have softened a bit, but sometimes it just goes nuts. Not whether it's revved or speed or whatever though.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS   AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 11:51 pm

The interior fan is behind the LHS headlamp (you can see if from there) and behind the glovebox.
The exterior fan is on top of the horizontal radiator under the front of the van.
Back to top Go down
jgls
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS   AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 12:45 am

Okay, thanks, I'll do my best to get under there. hope no one harpoons me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS   AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AIR CONDITIONING - WHINING EVERY 20 SECONDS
Page 1 of 1