Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aistobistoc

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2018-10-19

How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs... Empty
PostSubject: How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs...   How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Hey all,

I recently picked up a 1993 Super Custom Limited with 3 sunroofs, I wanted to turn this into a camper conversion but have run into a big issue which is how to install some type of ventilation system like a Fantastic fan/maxxair fan. I need 14"x14" opening...has anyone successfully cut a hole in the roof anywhere with the triple sunroof? It looked like it could potentially go behind the big middle one (and make the middle one un-usable as it would go in the place that the middle roof retracts into) but I have no idea what's under the roof interior and don't want to tear it off as I don't know if I will be able to get it back once I do that.

Any ideas or photos of a triple sunroof model with the interior removed?
Back to top Go down
djathens
Im not old...just experienced
Im not old...just experienced
djathens

Number of posts : 379
Home City : Portland, Oregon, USA
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom Limited 4WD LH107W 3L
Registration date : 2018-03-07

How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs...   How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2019 6:55 pm

Super late reply, I know, but I have had the rear half of the headliner out to replace my rearmost moonroof motor, and there is a big plastic tray that the middle moonroof slides back into. You'd have to remove that tray, but you won't be able to since it has rain drains. If I recall correctly there was very little space between that and the rear sunroof's trim/motor components. You could always install an intake fan somewhere else on the van and then raise the rear moonroof for exhaust. You've probably figured this all out by now, but thought I'd share what I knew. Smile
Back to top Go down

How to add roof vent with triple sunroofs...
Page 1 of 1