Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AgathaAlice
Im not old...just experienced

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 8:32 am

Hello all you kind folks. I looked for a specific introductions thread and didn't see one, moderators if I missed it please move this there for me.

My name is Tony, I'm in Hamilton in New Zealand and between me and my housemate Carole just before Christmas last year we bought a 1990 Hiace van which initially came into New Zealand as one of the Japanese Manga vans (see the threads on those elsewhere in this forum) and was used by its previous owner here as a business entertainment vehicle. We have transformed it into a camper (a work still in progress but it is already usable) and it has a lot of things crammed into a small space. The objective is for Carole to be able to go touring around the country while I stay at home with my cats in peace!
I've been reading this forum since we got the van but now feel it is time to have joined and since I'm the one who deals with all the technical things I have joined rather than Carole.
(I'm a component-level electronics and radio communications technician in my other life, but I'm effectively retired now.)
We're very lucky that the motor seems to be in excellent condition, we've just had the cam belt and associated things done and it runs very well. There's some rust in some parts but nothing that will cause any issues and we're gradually getting the fibreglass work repaired, it's looking quite nice now and it is truly distinctive being bright orange in colour.
I'll get some photos and see if I can post them here somehow.
The username I chose is what Carole has named the van, it is in turn named after a distant relation of hers who died very young.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, I'll attempt to answer or call upon her to give me answers as appropriate, and I'll no doubt be asking questions of the experts here when we have a need. I must confess to not being a mechanic and having very limited mechanical tools but luckily we have found a nearby mechanic who seems very good and has done work for other members of the Motor Caravan Association.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:32 am

Hi! The van sounds most interesting, looking forward to seeing the pics once you can post pics.

I'm trying to make mine more 'camper' friendly, always interesting to see layouts and solutions.
Back to top Go down
AgathaAlice

Number of posts : 350
Home City : Hamilton New Zealand
Model and year : As of August 1st 2022 we no longer have a Toyota.
Registration date : 2018-08-31

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 7:42 am

The van is back to being a work-in-progress now the Spring weather is here allowing me to be outside again. I'll try to get some pictures up soon, but as things keep changing I'll leave it just for a little time now until everything is (hopefully) in its final place. It's so hard trying to juggle as many things as possible into such a small space, often things get moved multiple times.
Currently looking into options for a DC fridge; there's a couple of models I've found by searching the net, but the manufacturer's NZ agent has no plans to bring either one into the country as stock although they could specially import one for me ..... I hate to think what the price for that would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1