Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remote Locking

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 413
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 6:56 pm

I now have remote locking, my drivers door lock started acting up difficult to lock I suspect just badly worn internals but still unlocks easy, a set off new locks pushing £200 from Toyota so thought why not fit remote locking £9.00 on Ebay and thanks to connections advice from GPW a doddle to install. Meany thanks yet again to GPW you are a master do not know what we would do without you.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Result!!

Remote locking really brings the van up to date doesn't it?!
Back to top Go down
Kippax
Not so new now
Not so new now
Kippax

Number of posts : 87
Home City : Manchester, UK
Model and year : 1991 Super Custom
2.44L EFi Turbo Diesel Automatic LH100G
Registration date : 2018-08-13

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Any chance you could post a link to the eBay item ?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 10:41 am

Kippax wrote:
Any chance you could post a link to the eBay item ?

I fitted a Right-Click alarm to my van, the fobs are lovely but range is not huge and the buttons stick out a little so for another old car I bought this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-2-Remotes-Central-Door-Locking-Vehicle-Keyless-Entry-System-DT-Kit-Universal/182676676538

as the fob has the buttons hidden better.
The range is surprisingly good and it just fitted in and works just fine. I didn't connect the 'Trunk/boot' wire to anything - in fact I slipped out the wires from the supplied socket for everything but the B+, Gnd, Lock, Unlock and indicator flash, tidied up the locker's loom so GND went into the relays (it's an 'momentary earth' locking system) and it was all done.
Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Number of posts : 169
Home City : London
Model and year : Cruising Cabin 1991 pop top selectable 4WD 2.8 Diesel
Registration date : 2018-01-25

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 11:12 am

I really fancy doing this too as I feel the lock is starting to wear. I have a stirling car alarm fitted and the remote for the alarm also would work with central locking so I might need to pay a bit more for a Stirling unit, but great to know the electrics are all in place already and yes, thanks to GPW for all the info.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2018 12:52 pm

Gosh you're helpful to have around GPW.

I had remote central locking fitted a while back along with an alarm. However lately the locks aren't always getting locked/unlocked when you hit the button. I did check the motor of the central locking bit and used some proper silicon lubricant and it was fine for about a week and then went back to not always working again. I think one of my upcoming jobs will be swapping that out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 11:39 am

Anyone know where I will find the electrics forto set up central locking on a 1991 Hiace? Inside teh drivers' door?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 11:49 am

Back to top Go down
Andonic
Been here a while
Been here a while
Andonic

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 11:57 am

Okay I'll give it a go - hopefully it's in the same place in the 1991 version. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 12:17 pm

I think it's worth a look. The only problem with a door mounted solution is the question of power (+12V).

On the 1996 model one simply grounds the 'lock' or 'unlock' wire briefly to operate it.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 7:32 pm

GPW wrote:
I fitted a Right-Click alarm to my van, the fobs are lovely but range is not huge

Just an addition for this comment, having experimented with my 'Right Click' key-fob I've discovered that they do in fact have a huge range, but the operation is slightly different to usual.

To get the range one presses the button for 1 second and then lets go, the action then occurs as you let go of the button: not when you initially press it.

I was just tapping the buttons, but with a 1 second press and release I've managed some quite epic distances recently so be careful of those sticky out buttons and don't think the Right Click range is low.

This is the keyfob in question:
Remote Locking  110-large_default

I just need a way of storing the fob safely now!

Quinnjin78 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remote Locking  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remote Locking    Remote Locking  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remote Locking
Page 1 of 1