Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Headlamps needed!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Headlamps needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Headlamps needed!!   Headlamps needed!! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi All,

Well the bane of my van, the old pre-August 1996 headlamps are still following me, my van was about to pass the MOT but my Transit Mk5 lamps turned out to be a little too 'cross eyed' as the shape of the Hiace is flatter at the front than the van they were designed for. Shame as the light output was fantastic. At least the rest passed.

So I have located some Depo make lamps on alibaba that avoid the manufacturing defects of the original Koito brand (matt mirroring)

Koito:
https://parts.japanesevehicles.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1308566
Depo:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Headlight-Head-lamp-light-For-Toyota_60742280442.html

Anyone deal with alibaba?

So I'm using the Toyota model numbers of 81110-26070 and 81150-26070 which are definitely the lamps that fit, but nowhere can I find any indication as to the direction of light for a LHD or a RHD van.

Does anyone have an idea? Anyone live in Taiwan next to the Depo factory?
http://www.depo.com.tw/show_product.asp?pageno=423

For a short term MOT fix however does anyone have access to the left hand (81150-26070) that would allow me to get through the MOT? They could have it back afterwards Wink. Or any idea of scrap yards or contacts?

I have a reasonable RH lamp on the way but the LH lamp is a big problem, so I'm going to stick aluminium tape to the reflector to see how that improves the light output, I've already got the glass off with a heat gun but it's a bit of a long-shot if it will work! It has been done on some other forums (to Jaguar lamps IIRC) with some success, but even if that works I have to stick the base back together with a hot glue gun. I do have lots of hot glue however, but it's not a long term fix,

All ideas welcome!
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

Headlamps needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamps needed!!   Headlamps needed!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 7:07 am

Look on gumtree or ebay of New Zeeland or Australia for wreckers
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Headlamps needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamps needed!!   Headlamps needed!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 9:53 am

Hiace4wd wrote:
Look on gumtree or ebay of New Zeeland or Australia for wreckers

I think you are right but I'm in the UK, is there a postage system to allow efficient postage from there? I've heard there's been progress in that area.
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

Headlamps needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamps needed!!   Headlamps needed!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 10:32 am

Well, you shouldn't be in a hurry.
It is just a market with comparable Hiaces (same front) in RHD.

But I think the part number would already include the RHD versus LHD shape.
How else could Toyota replace a headlight and get the right one?

There is one on Ebay, new for a whopping 300 Euro.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Headlamps needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamps needed!!   Headlamps needed!! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Ok I have a temporary solution for next week, but the biggest bonus was discovering that Toyota UK will order anything for any Toyota so in about 3 weeks a new shiny pair of Toyota (Koito) ones will arrive, they were not huge money either.

I still suspect the Depo ones are better - Depo make very bright reflectors and lenses but they are tricky to get hold of.
The Depo part numbers are 212-1157-RD for Right hand drive and 212-1157-LD for a left hand drive pair IMO.

So just a bit of work this weekend to get there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headlamps needed!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamps needed!!   Headlamps needed!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headlamps needed!!
Page 1 of 1