Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
George Dormobile

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Delgany
Model and year : 1985 Hiace Dormobile
Registration date : 2018-04-30

Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Empty
PostSubject: Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile   Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 12:58 pm

Hey guys, new member here.
I recently got a lovely 1985 Hiace which was converted by Dormobile back then.
I am in Ireland, I was wondering would you guys have any recommendations or pointers
as to where to get parts ?
I somehow managed to smash the sliding side window last week and I need to get it sorted.
And also I am looking for gas struts to replace the 4 that support the pop up roof.
And two regular ones for the boot/tailgate!

Any pointers at all would be great even if they're unrelated to the above (I'm sure I am going to need stuff for the steering soon Smile

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile   Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi!

The fast temporary solution to a difficult to obtain broken side window would seem to be a polycarbonate sheet cut to the right size, and then search for a new one at leisure.

The struts may be specific to the roof, if you measure their compressed and open lengths you may find some on eBay etc that will do the job, or at least someone to ask.

The van sounds nice, 1985 is now a classic!
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile   Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Finding 1985 sliding windows will be difficult, but if you find a window (as in the glass) of a different length but the same side, you can probably use the glass in the frame that you have now.

I was checking, and this Dutch company that I used before, has a sliding window glass pane, the front one at the right side they say:
https://www.car.nl/_404_w_4090__GB_1

Struts for the pop-up roof, I would try and get it sorted at a camper building company, otherwise try as GPW says via lengths on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
JT69

Number of posts : 417
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile   Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 10:11 pm

Cannot recall if the glass is flat or not will look at mine tomorrow if its flat try a firm that does plant glass they cut laminated glass to any size or shape and fit it, Google search for a local one.
Back to top Go down
George Dormobile

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Delgany
Model and year : 1985 Hiace Dormobile
Registration date : 2018-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile   Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2018 8:29 am

Hello GPW, Hiace4wd and JT69,

Thanks for your replies and advice, I will look into your suggestions!
Much Obliged!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YH71

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Gold Coast
Registration date : 2020-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile   Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 1:22 pm

In regards to rear struts. I found 2 off a later mid 90's model. They fit but are a little shorter. Other than that you could get them re gassed. Not sure but rear side windows may be the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile   Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parts for a 1985 Hiace Dormobile
Page 1 of 1