Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Side Lights.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

No Side Lights. Empty
PostSubject: No Side Lights.   No Side Lights. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 6:41 pm

Side lights, dashboard light, fog lights all controlled from the 15 A fuse on the small fuse / relay panel in the passenger footwell (behind removable panel by the passengers right leg)
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
dpjmarsh

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Huntingdon
Registration date : 2007-04-29

No Side Lights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Side Lights.   No Side Lights. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 6:33 pm

Hello fellow Super Custom owners - we've had ours a year now with no problems until now - we had the bulb failure light come on on the dashboard and noticed we had a brake light out - all good so far - on replacing the failed brake bulb the failure light on the dashboard went out and then back on again - now we have no rear tail lights! The front are on OK, the rear number plate lights are also on OK but none of the 4 rear side lights. I'm baffled - could it be the bulb failure device has done something? All the bulbs are checked and ok. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
room101
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 90
Home City : Torbay
Registration date : 2007-03-21

No Side Lights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Side Lights.   No Side Lights. Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 9:53 pm

Sounds like the fuse has blown..... have you checked it...
Back to top Go down
dpjmarsh

No Side Lights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Side Lights.   No Side Lights. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 9:37 am

I've checked the fuse in the passenger front footwell and that's good, I've also checked all the fuses in the drivers side footwell and they are all good - I'm beginning to wonder if there is a break in the wiring harness between the front and back - but why would the number plate lights, brakes, indicators and reversing lights still all be ok? ***???
Back to top Go down
room101
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 90
Home City : Torbay
Registration date : 2007-03-21

No Side Lights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Side Lights.   No Side Lights. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 11:33 am

Not sure, could be some thing to do with the bulb failure device... Question
Back to top Go down
dpjmarsh

No Side Lights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Side Lights.   No Side Lights. Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2007 10:51 am

I've overcome the problem (temporarily) by splicing a wire between the number plate light feed and one of the side light feeds in the tailgate - this has restored all rear side lights so I'm on the lookout for a replacement bulb failure device to see if that is the problem - I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks for your input.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Side Lights. Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Side Lights.   No Side Lights. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Side Lights.
Page 1 of 1