Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jessef
jessef

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 2000 LWB 4WD SC Highroof camper
Registration date : 2018-02-27

Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Empty
PostSubject: Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #   Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 6:42 pm

About to order airbags for the rear springs and would like to confirm the part number.

In this thread : https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t54-larger-tire-size

They said it's Airbag man CR5022. Can you guys confirm ?

https://www.airbagman.com.au/find/airbag-man-cr5022-for-a-/part-cr5022/cid-0/vid-0/app-1

Cheers
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #   Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 10:08 am

You'd be best contacting the manufacturers themselves TBH, then if they don't fit you have recourse.

Still missing on the Hiace super-custom (and your camper which may be different) is the actual spec of the Hiace rear springs.

Ideally we need the outer diameter and wire size (mm dia) - easy - but also the free length and the N/mm springiness. There are a few springs around with similar characteristics, I did think the RAV4 springs might fit but since read that the stiffness of the hiace ones may be double at around 108 N/mm according to an obscure australian table I dug up.

It could be that the Mercedes G-class rear springs or variants thereof fit better, I don't know. The point being that if we can identify a vehicle with compatible springs then any airbags, lifts, variants etc that fit that would fit the Hiace.
Back to top Go down
jessef
jessef

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #   Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Over in Canada Toyota doesn't support JDM's from Japan.

I see quite a few postings over the years of people fitting airbags and also uprated springs. I'm just asking for confirm the part number CR5022 that I've seen quite a few people use.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #   Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 11:55 am

jessef wrote:
Over in Canada Toyota doesn't support JDM's from Japan.

I meant the manufacturers of the airbags, not Toyota LOL Smile.

Shame Toyota doesn't support them over there though. I don't know if they fit or not myself, sorry.
Back to top Go down
bordurat
bordurat

Number of posts : 12
Home City : South Shore Mtl
Model and year : 1992 super custom limited lh107w
Registration date : 2016-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #   Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Hey jessef,, have you found what you are looking for. I also live in canada and I m looking to buy air bag suspension on my 1992 scl hiace. With measures the Air Lift 60905 1000 Universal Air Spring Kit should fit. i have 3.5" inside coil and about 9.5" height. Let me know if airbag man contacted you since their sleeved HD version seems way more puncture resistant.
Back to top Go down
jessef
jessef

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #   Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 am

bordurat wrote:
Hey jessef,, have you found what you are looking for.  I also live in canada and I m looking to buy air bag suspension on my 1992 scl hiace.  With measures the Air Lift 60905 1000 Universal Air Spring Kit should fit. i have 3.5" inside coil and about 9.5" height.  Let me know if airbag man contacted you since their sleeved HD version seems way more puncture resistant.

I used the compatible US one's here : https://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4582

They work, but they are 'just' slightly wide so a tight fit but they work for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #   Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part # Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrade rear suspension springs/coil CR5022 airbag part #
Page 1 of 1