Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Euro III and the LEZ

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abaddon
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Euro III and the LEZ Empty
PostSubject: Euro III and the LEZ   Euro III and the LEZ Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:46 am

In 2010 the Super Custom will have to be euro III compliant or pay the LEZ fee.

I read that the 1KZ-TE is compliant with a catalyser... that is it was sold in another model with a catalyser (prado and hilux) and the engine was certified euroIII.

I'm hoping that's all it's going to take to make it compliant. Has anyone fitted one to their SC??

Nathan
Back to top Go down
dieselnutjob

Number of posts : 14
Home City : London, UK
Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Euro III and the LEZ   Euro III and the LEZ Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:06 am

I have the same problem with a KZH110G 10 seat MPV. Have you made any progress with this point with TFL? When I spoke to them they wanted a letter from Toyota UK saying that the engine is Euro 3 compliant. I haven't yet contacted Toyota about that.
Back to top Go down
dieselnutjob

PostSubject: Re: Euro III and the LEZ   Euro III and the LEZ Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:10 am

For the moment I am removing the tenth seat. The V5 document already states that it is an "MPV" and when I spoke to TFL they say that they consider "MPV" and "minibus" to mean the same thing.

The rule for an MPV or Minibus is the same, it must have 9 seats or less, or be Euro 3 compliant.

As far as I am concerned it is Euro 3 compliant but the question is how to prove this to TFL. Until then it will have to be a 9 seater.

Anyone know what one of these vehicles weighs? It's not stated on the V5. I am guessing about 2000 kg or so.
Back to top Go down
dieselnutjob

PostSubject: Re: Euro III and the LEZ   Euro III and the LEZ Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 am

an update on this misery
firstly I found this document
http://web-cache.stream.ne.jp/www09/toyota-catalog/pdf/hiace-1/hiace-1_199808.pdf which is a brochure for a 1998 Hiace.

The relevant bit is here
Euro III and the LEZ 1998hiacespecs
The columns relevant to this vehicle is KZH110 which has weights
1820/1830 which I assume is the empty vehicle weight and 2370/2380 which is gross vehicle weight. I have no idea what the 10kg weight differences in each case is for. Maybe auto/manual transmission?

In parallel I have a nonsensical reply from Toyota in Japan saying that this vehicle complies with 1994 Japanese regulations with these figures.
NOx:0.50g/km
HC:0.40g/km
CO:2.10g/km
PM:0.2g/km

According to a doc "Global Motor Vehicle Emissions Regulations, Walsh, 6/3/2005 in table 42 it says that these are the 1994 limits for a vehicle <1265kg which clearly the Hiace is not.

Unfortunately it also says that the PM limit of 0.08 (stricter than Euro 3) for 1997/1998 was not applied to existing models until 1.9.99 (not sure it that means 1st Sept or 9th Jan). As this vehicle was registered in Japan in 1998 this won't help.

I am sure that the Hiace was sold in Japan after 1999 with the 1KZ-TE engine wasn't it?

In short Toyota is not going to help, as they can't even identify the correct weight table in the emissions regs and TFLs requirement for a letter from Toyota is unrealistic.

The only angle left the fact (well I need to verify it) that the Prado is Euro 3 compliant with the 1KZ-TE engine. This is going to be a nightmare.

So how do I verify that the the Prado with that engine is Euro 3 ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Euro III and the LEZ   Euro III and the LEZ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euro III and the LEZ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: General-
Jump to: