Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

swapping the position of middle swivel seats?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
limes

Number of posts : 6
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2016-10-19

swapping the  position of middle swivel seats? Empty
PostSubject: swapping the position of middle swivel seats?   swapping the  position of middle swivel seats? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 am

Hi guys,
I recently saw a Hiace Cruising camper that had the middle swiveling 2-seater in the position of the single swivel seat: see the attached photo. They did not have the single seat at all. I was thinking of doing this for my van, to get a nit more space in the back, but still be able to carry four people in total.

Just wondering if the holes in the floor allow for the 2-seater to be simply bolted in place of the single seat? I don't really want to spend the time unbolting both seats only to find it won't fit.

If someone here has had experience with removing the seats, and has had a look at the bolt patterns in the floor, could weigh in their opinion, i would be very grateful.

Cheers in advance

swapping the  position of middle swivel seats? Hiace_11
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

swapping the  position of middle swivel seats? Empty
PostSubject: Re: swapping the position of middle swivel seats?   swapping the  position of middle swivel seats? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 pm

That picture is of the official camper version (Cruising Cabin IIRC), and Toyota merely fitted them in a different place, a job that you or I need a drill and care to do for ourselves.

The seats bolt in and out OK but are surprisingly heavy, I moved mine around 50mm to the door so it could freely swivel, and cut the swivel locks so it can rest at a 90degree swivel so I can look out of the door. I posted up pics here so search my posts to find then.

Bear in mind that some pipes are under the floor so just check from below that you really can drill before doing so and you'll need some nuts and a friend with a spanner as the others are captive.
Also put short bolts in the old holes with a bit of grease as they go right through to the road.
Back to top Go down

swapping the position of middle swivel seats?
Page 1 of 1