Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:59 am

Apparently this part can't even be ordered anymore such is concerning. Does anyone know where I might find a pair?

What happens if you guys can't find parts for these cars anymore?
Back to top Go down
JT69
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 178
Home City : Holmfirth Huddersfield Yorks
Model and year : 1996 3ltr turbo LWB super custom sat nav cruise fitted
Now running on veg oil
Registration date : 2016-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:51 am

Have you tried JP carparts.com they still list it about $250 .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 662
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:34 am

Can't be ordered? Not at a Toyota dealership?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Can't get them from a Toyota dealership in Australia at least. I can't see the link on jp car parts for a 98 kzh 106. Would you be able to paste a link jt69?
Back to top Go down
JT69
Been here a while
Been here a while

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:38 pm

Queglay just put this in google it will take you there and scroll down page
http://jp-carparts.com/toyota/partlist.php?maker=toyota&type=711140&cartype=142&fig=4802
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JT69
Been here a while
Been here a while

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Allso on ebay Part 48066 about £60 from estonia same firm list bushes and ball joints to fit yourself
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am

Thankyou so much guys!

I noticed there are 4 different variants.  What is the difference and can I make a mistake here by getting the wrong one?

48066-29035
48066-29045
48066-29115
48066-29105

My kzh 106 does have abs, but I am unclear if the description relates on 48067-29035
Quote :
KZH106,126..07S,08S,10S
アリ(ABS)
Back to top Go down
TwentyOneThirtyFive
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 216
Home City : Hertfordshire, UK
Model and year : Super GL Camper (Vantech), 2.8D 4wd, 1995
Registration date : 2016-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:54 pm

I got a genuine Toyota one for a '95 LH119 from http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk although that might not be directly helpful for you in Australia, they are available.

Pricey. I added grease nipples.

From what I read, replacing the ball joints was possible...but you'd end up wishing you'd bought a new arm Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 am

Would anyone be able to give me tips on my post above? I'm unsure if I can mess this up because it looks like there are 4 part numbers that are very similar. Thanks for any help if can let me know.
Back to top Go down
JT69
Been here a while
Been here a while

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 am

Hi according to ToyoDIY only part 48066-29115 applies to your 106 most of the others relate to SBV versions. Good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JT69
Been here a while
Been here a while

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:30 am

Found this on Ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOR-TOYOTA-DYNA-GRANVIA-HI-ACE-4WD-FRONT-UPPER-LEFT-RIGHT-WISHBONE-CONTROL-ARMS/272035400778?hash=item3f5692cc4a:g:gtMAAOSwaMFZ31Hqthi
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:16 am

Thankyou JT! fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

I looked at toyo, but wonder how you got that part number because when I put in this vin I got this for left and right.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_1998_TOYOTA_HIACE_KZH106W-MRMGT_4802.3.html?hl=43330

48066-29105
48067-29105
Back to top Go down
JT69
Been here a while
Been here a while

Now running on veg oil

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:37 am

Hi my fault , did as you did and put 48066-29115 into Toyodiy and got same result , but put it into Ebay and found the one you whant so all I can say is try Ebay over there.I coppy and pasted to Ebay AU nothing in AU but dozens in International sales with free shipping. Again good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 am

Thanks for helping me through it. I ordered them from jp carparts today.

I'm concerned that the parts might go away one day. are you guys ever worried about that? I'm thinking of selling, even though I love this car and theres nothing else like it available in Australia.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master

Number of posts : 770
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:47 am

queglay wrote:
Thanks for helping me through it.  I ordered them from jp carparts today.

I'm concerned that the parts might go away one day.  are you guys ever worried about that?  I'm thinking of selling, even though I love this car and theres nothing else like it available in Australia.

Parts are a problem for all old vehicles, as new ones come out every year or two the number of parts keeps growing and the older less demanded parts get rare, expensive and drop away. In the odd case where the value and popularity is high parts are remade - this is the one advantage of the VW vans: lots of parts. However I did hear of someone who broke down in an old VW van in Germany and they couldn't find the parts via VW LOL.

I had a problem with my headlamps (the reflectors got dull), and I'm still working on the new replacements (glass fronted Ford Transit Mk5 headlamps) which fit pretty well but it's significantly more work than bolting in new (unobtainable for my headlamp style) headlamps. The Fords are 5x brighter (with the same bulbs) so it's got to be done.

We're lucky that the HiLux shares quite a few parts, for deeper mechanical parts like link joints etc maybe one day we'll have to get custom made parts. One issue on the Hiace is actually the design of the front end as the springs act on the UPPER arms, which gives rise to some false MOT test fails due to the way the mechanic tests them.

This the popular post that explains it:
Raymundo_Granvia wrote:
Raymundo posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:00 pm
Subject: Upper balljoint fault diagnosis

Hi All
There is an issue here. The Granvia wishbone suspension is unusual in that the torsion bar acts on the
upper arm, rather than the lower, which is more common. This means that the upper balljoint is under
load at all times, unless the wheel leave the ground over a bump(!). If jacked under the frame so that
the wheels hang loose, the upper balljoint hangs away from its seat and some up-and-down movement
will be seen if the wheel is crowbarred in the usual MOT lift-check.
I checked with a Toyota main-dealer MOT tester, who assured me that the suspension should be jacked
under the lower arm for this test and that, if there is no sideways movement in the joint, no noise on
swivelling and no lift more than a few mm, then the joint can pass the test.
I was given an advisory note on both my joints last year, from the garage that I use, which is why I
checked it out, but got a pass on both joints this year after I told the tester about the explanation from
the Toyota man. The fact that the tester was once my student made it easier, of course, but he still
managed to fail me on emissions - cos I've been driving gently round town for the las few weeks, so no
smugness from me!
Today I put some Redex cleaner in and gave it a thrash for a few miles and the smoke has gone. Hoping
for a pass on retest tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:11 pm

interesting, thanks for that post. I can imagine it would be difficult to explain that to get a roadworthy, especially since the car is so rare to come by. Now im possibly a little frustrated because a few years back I actually paid to get the joints machined by Pedders, it cost a tonne, and now just a few years later I'm told to go buy new ones by another service place because the joints have too much movement.

Maybe making the new purchase of these parts was unnecesary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd   

Back to top Go down

Upper control arms for 98 super custom kzh 106 4wd
Page 1 of 1