Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.

Go down 
+2
Baz
Chiefster1976
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chiefster1976
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 29
Home City : Brisbane.
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Empty
PostSubject: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 8:32 am

Hi all.  First post on the super custom forum.
After buying my 95 super custom from a friend I'm pretty damn impressed with the motor in this thing.  It halls arse for a van diesel.
Funny pulling away from traffic lights from  boy racers in their shitty comadores or mits lancers.🤣😂😂 anyway back on topic.

I'm having some bad signal with the stereo and looking at a new one. Not sure if it's the stereo coax wiring but my guess is this crappy stereo at present. I have tried a amplifier aerial MOD but does not make a difference.

1. I'm looking at a new stereo for the SC.  Do you really get what you pay for in this stereo sector? Looking at some pretty cheap double din ones on eBay AU for $110-$250. Even comes with reverse camera and sat nav.
Or should I stick to single din named brands??
 Do either a 6.2" or 7" double Din fit?? I had a single radio in there so has a blank section to store stuff and a connecting bracket holding the single stereo to the lower blank section.

2.  Wing mirrors.  I have electric ones all works fine but only the DRIVERS side one folds in. Should they both fold in?
Also both wing mirror a little loose in an up and down manner. Are these easy to get to to some how tighten them up?

Enjoying the ride so far, she will be off in the new year for a few panels to be repainted and then it's on with a full length kings roof rack and 2.5 metre awning , a Evakool DC40 draw fridge, 2nd battery via VSR , solar powered folding or fixed (Not decided yet) and possibly a slide out custom camp kitchen. Will post the progress. 😉
Back to top Go down
Chiefster1976
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 6:08 am

Bump bump. 🤔
Back to top Go down
Baz
Baz

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Gisborne NZ
Model and year : SC Ltd. 1996. 3ltr diesel 4x4 auto.

Registration date : 2017-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 8:27 pm

G'day Chiefster 1976.
Sorry can't help with the stereo info. However both side mirrors should fold in. My passenger side folds but drivers side doesn't-and yep-both mirrors have some up and down play.
I guess that comes with wear.
I've done a camper conversion on my 1996 S/C- yours sounds great. The 1KZ-TE motors are hard to beat.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Buy a Toyota Yaris (or similar) adapter to plug a regular new radio into a Toyota loom.

The reversing camera is a great idea, but actually threading the wire into the tailgate and to a camera may be rather more difficult.

Nakamichi and Sansui do double-DIN sizes at good prices, you may need to make your own spacers and longer bolts to fit them in properly but they should work. You'll also need to tap into a) the handbrake switch wire (next to seat) and b) the reversing lamp wire (instrument panel) if you want a new stereo to use a) any video playback and b) any reversing camera.
Back to top Go down
Chiefster1976
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 3:48 am

Thanks for the replies this far guys.  So both mirrors should fold in. Ok will I guess it's time to get out the tools and take a look. Maybe the mirror motor has blown. 🤔
  Be great to see your conversion BAD on your rig. Can you post pics on here?

HeyGPW.  Nice looking hiace there.😎
Yeah I rewired the stereo wiring from jap wires to an ISO standard plugs now i can plug in any stereo which has an ISO block and good to go.  It's the radio signal I'm having problems with.poor signal. DO you find the sunroof aerial is any Good?

So those 2 makes of stereo can be found on eBay Australia?? Are they 6 inch or 7 inch. I'm just not sure what size will fit without modifying the original dash opening.

Last edited by Chiefster1976 on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baz
Baz

Number of posts : 9
Home City : Gisborne NZ
Model and year : SC Ltd. 1996. 3ltr diesel 4x4 auto.

Registration date : 2017-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 8:20 am

See if these image links work chiefster.
https://ibb.co/khYZ1k
https://ibb.co/iBRySQ
https://ibb.co/b6a07Q
https://ibb.co/iz5BE5
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Chiefster1976 wrote:
T
HeyGPW.  Nice looking hiace there.😎
Yeah I rewired the stereo wiring from nap wires to an ISO standard plugs now i can plug in any stereo which has an ISO block and good to go.  It's the radio signal I'm having problems with.poor signal. DO you find the sunroof aerial is any Good?

Thanks Very Happy
Haven't used the aerial yet, you can buy amplifiers for the aerials though.
No idea about eBay Australia, most of the time any company in hong-kong will ship anywhere though.
I think all the double-din are the same size but I'd choose something that looks to have a smallish bezel so it fits through the dash layer.
Back to top Go down
Ace MM
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 49
Home City : California USA
Model and year : 1990 Super Custom 4WD Diesel LH107
Registration date : 2016-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 am

I was a me to get most of the wobble out of the mirrors by cleaning where the hardware attaches.
Got rid of most of it.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 pm

I added in a Pioneer (single din) DAB radio with CD player, on the recommendation of the guys that fitted in some awesome aftermarket speakers in the doors (and very tidily done too). Brand new the stereo was circa £200 and picked it up off ebay for £77 second hand. The model is the Pioneer DEH-X8500DAB.
If you go generic there's no guarantee the sound will be any good I'd recommend Pioneer as they really drive the speakers nicely without having to add an additional amp. Also good at low volume.
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Chiefster1976
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 am

Thanks for the replies guys. BAD. Nice little conversi on there. Great job, looks neat.

I managed to get a double din stereo in. 179mm by 100mm. Had to cut away about 5mm around the opening in the entrance hole to make it fit. But it's in.
Anyone know how to take off the mirrors to refit/fix?

Reverse sensors wiring was simple. Just ran it from dash monitor under the carpet and through over the near side wheel arch. Next job to put the holes in the bumper for final fit.

The stereo was one off eBay with sat nav and a reverse camera.
Just need to put a hole under licence plate now for the camera to sit then she is all done 😎😎

Roof cage and roof top tent is now fitted from 4wd supa centre. Kings brand. Put a hole through drivers side AC intake through the roof with a Davis cable joint(weather sealed. ) I ran one cable for the front cage 42 inch light bar and a twin wire for the LED lights and USB socket which will go in the tent area when set up..

Rear titan drawers(1000mm wide X 900 mm long.) have been fitted with 8mm riv nuts to mount the drawers. Had to drop fuel tank slightly so not to drill through fuel tank..
Added a 60 litre adventure kings top loader fridge.

Now I have to upgrade the rear springs and maybe shocks for the additional weight in the rear.

Next job after that is just to add the auxiliary battery and 12v power points.

Will try and post pics a once it's all done in a few weeks time..

Posted another thread on here about upgrading the rear springs if anyone can chime in on that would be helpful.
Not sure on the original spring rate. I'm looking to gain about 3 inches as it's dat pretty low now due to extra weight.
Back to top Go down
Chiefster1976
Not so new now
Not so new now

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 am

Hey Baz... my drivers mirror wouldn't fold in either but what I did was manually fold in the mirror when the passenger mirror was folded in..
Then pressed the button again and they BOTH folded out.. now work together.. apparently this is for it to reset.. found this advice on YouTube.. give it a go baz yours may just need resetting. 😉😉
Back to top Go down
Jordanaran
Jordanaran

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : 98 SC 3.0 Turbo Diesel 2WD
Registration date : 2018-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 9:13 am

Chiefster1976 so you were able to fit a 7inch double din into the super custom? Looking at putting one in mine, which brand did you go with? Have you upgraded the speakers? Not sure what sizes I should be looking for with the front and rear speakers, any idea? Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.    Super custom stereo./wing mirrors. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super custom stereo./wing mirrors.
Page 1 of 1