Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Re-ruogh run

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sydsmiler

Number of posts : 9
Home City : orewa auckland new zealand
Registration date : 2015-06-08

Re-ruogh run Empty
PostSubject: Re-ruogh run   Re-ruogh run Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Well ive spent the week-end dismantleing my van to find that the EGR system has failed and my rebuilt engine has become a tar factory. Having looked up a lot of sites about this egr it seems the rubbish bin is its best place. I would have thought that so many 1kzte owners on this site someone would have something to say??.smiler.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Re-ruogh run Empty
PostSubject: Re: Re-ruogh run   Re-ruogh run Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 am

There's a youtube video of a 1kz engine on a hilux being cleaned of tar.

There's only 2 ways to make a diesel low on NOX emissions, the dreaded EGR or a 'blue' urea additive used in a few modern vans and cars. Petrol is the only simple method: just the catalyst.

The EGR doesn't open at idle or full power, it acts on the mid-range, rapid tar buildup could be the sign of a slightly oily exhaust, maybe turbo blowby. How many miles since the rebuild? It should have been clean then.
Back to top Go down

Re-ruogh run
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing) :: Members guides to fixing problems :: Members guides to fixing problems-
Jump to: