Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swivel Seat Operation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Puffn

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-02-25

Swivel Seat Operation Empty
PostSubject: Swivel Seat Operation   Swivel Seat Operation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm

Ok, this might seem like the most basic question of the year but I can't swivel my middle set of seats! How do I do it?

I'd like to think i'm pretty handy with these sorts of things but it's just not happening... The seats sit on circular disks so I know they do turn but i've pulled, pushed, levered and sworn at them till i've started sweating!

My van is a 1991 Jap import. My only thought is that it's fitted with a set of factory seat belts and they have bolted off the swivel capability for safety reasons but even then I can't see how....?

Any ideas? Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Swivel Seat Operation   Swivel Seat Operation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 7:48 pm

Did mine yesterday and think this is correct.

Pull up the lever on the side of the seat so the back rest drops down towards the seat (not reclined) and with the lever still lifted twist the double seat clockwise so the middle seat goes towards and then behind the driver.

Hope that makes sense Wink
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
maximus
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
maximus

Number of posts : 472
Home City : Cheshire
Model and year : 93 2.4 turbo supercustom limited
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Swivel Seat Operation   Swivel Seat Operation Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 11:44 pm

think you need both seats tilted forward to be able to spin em
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swivel Seat Operation   Swivel Seat Operation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swivel Seat Operation
Page 1 of 1