Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mechanic in London

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Abaddon
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Mechanic in London Empty
PostSubject: Mechanic in London   Mechanic in London Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 8:36 am

Hello,

Anyone recommend a good mechanic in the London area... I've just bought a 3L rwd!

Nathan
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Mechanic in London Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanic in London   Mechanic in London Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:11 am

You got one then ! What needs doing ? (if you dont mind me asking Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Abaddon
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Mechanic in London Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanic in London   Mechanic in London Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Yeah I bought a '94 3L.

I just want to get some things done so I know where it's at... i.e.
Change all the fluids and filters
Check brakes

Have a look at the cambelt and see if it needs changing. I don't know if its the case for the hiace but in the 90's toyota changed the material the cam belts are made out of and they extended the service interval. I'll look into it for the hiace but thats the case for the 3sgte thats in the MR2 (my car back in sydney)

It's also got a fairly rough idle and there is oil on the transmission... not dripping yet but I'd like to know where its coming from... hard to tell until its on a hoist.

Other than that it drives quite nicely.

Also I'm after some trim pieces if you know someone's that parting... need the speaker grill for the passenger side and the centre console is in pretty bad shape also.

Nathan
Back to top Go down
JohnHRef999
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 150
Home City : Lincoln England
Model and year : 1993 Hiace Campervan 4WD 2779cc Diesel Auto Transmission. Sold now
2001 Granvia Camper 3.4ltr V6 Auto
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Mechanic in London Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanic in London   Mechanic in London Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Your oil leak might be from the valves/rocker cover if its black. If its clear it could be from the gearbox.
Mine leaked from the gasket on the valves cover and it came down the side of the gearbox. No big loss but messy on the drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mechanic in London Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mechanic in London   Mechanic in London Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mechanic in London
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: