Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

Number of posts : 1527
Home City : Cambridge, UK
Model and year : Model: KD-KZH100G-MRPGT
Year: 1996
Colour: 4K1
Trim: FN42

Registration date : 2016-07-16

Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Empty
PostSubject: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Hi folks,

I imported a 1996 SC 3.0D from Japan recently, so I've recently joined up here Smile

Just getting things done like removing the alarm, fitting the foglight for the UK MOT, valet etc.
Great layout.

Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! IMG_20160714_180553227

Looks pretty tidy and goes well, very pleased with the layout and was actually quite easy to import too.

Finding this website very useful for info - thanks for setting it up and filling it with useful stuff!

Last edited by GPW on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 8:12 am

Welcome!
Im curiius to see the layout. You have a folding roof?
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:29 am

Thanks!

It just has a spoiler on the back at the top, the roof is the standard SC of front popup, moon and rear pop-up.

Initial questions, where is the windscreen washer reservoir, and do these have a cabin/pollen filter at all?
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:57 am

GPW wrote:

Initial questions, where is the windscreen washer reservoir, and do these have a cabin/pollen filter at all?

The windscreen washer reservoir can be filled when you open the front left door (in your case passenger door). Where you put your foot to step up, that is where the filler is.

The filter, you mean a filter before air comes into the interior? I'm not sure about that, never checked it.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 11:46 am

Ah brilliant, thanks!

Yes, the cabin or pollen filter is a filter before the air gets in, I'm not sure our have it as I've had great trouble locating a new one, or any place to put one!

I'm currently trying to hook up a rear fog lamp (for the UK MOT), and was thinking of looking inside the existing lights on the back for a space or to slip in an additional bulb - perhaps a RED LED in one of the reversing lamp positions.

I'm a bit puzzled how to get to the bulbs on the tailgate lighting section though, as there are no screws on the visible bits and inside I have to take the tailgate trim panel off, to be met with an original, unbroken vapour membrane.
This implies not one of the lamps in there has ever blown in the last 20 years/120k miles - which I'm finding difficult to believe, especially as there are 4 brake lamps there and it's an automatic!!

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Yep through the inside. Never had to change a bulb in 3 years of ownership, did not remove the trim so don't know if it had been violated. My fog light was cut into the bumper.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:43 pm

Thanks Clive, looks like I'll be going in through the back then!
I only need to make small holes for the screwdriver and I'll tape them back up so it should remain fairly undisturbed.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 11:04 am

It should just need prising off no need to cut holes.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 11:18 am

I've already popped the trim panel off, the (clear) vapour panel is held in all around by an evil black glue and is just soft plastic.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Oh sorry vapour barrier. Just ease off and cut through the black stuff when it starts doing the chewing gum trick. Should be ample to stick it back in place.
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 9:06 pm

Clive wrote:
Oh sorry vapour barrier. Just ease off and cut through the black stuff when it starts doing the chewing gum trick. Should be ample to stick it back in place.

Ah OK, I'll give that a go, thanks!
Back to top Go down
GPW
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
GPW

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 9:38 pm

BTW I also removed the old Japanese Carmate Barricado SQ5000 car alarm, which needed doing as it's a drain on the battery and I don't have the remote. The symptom is a box with a ariel on the dash, that says "Carmate Barricado" on it.

Following the wires leads to a central box just to the left of the drivers left footrest, you'll need to remove the panel and the panel below the steering wheel.

There's a long umbilical that goes from near the steering wheel to the box, this interrupts the main wiring loom as a Y type loom. I.e. remove it, and re-connect the car loom to itself.

The siren can be left but the box, it's sensor box and all the gumph and miles of wires can now be removed and the Hiace is now back to stock, with nothing going through battery killing boxes and 3rd party relays anymore.

However you get to keep the Y loom in case you have any bright ideas later, like locating a wiring diagram to identify exactly which wires you could access with a few mods.

In fact this leads onto my future mod wishlist:

1) Remote central locking (all on the drivers door so it should be simple to wire in)
2) Climate (i.e. a sensor and thermostat for the AC button)
3) Cruise control - which may match a more common european toyota perhaps... - else it's an add-on mechanical kit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!   Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another SC 3.0D in the UK! (Cambridge, Cambs) - Hi!
Page 1 of 1