Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heater problem 97 hiace

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kblack9

Number of posts : 4
Home City : Cambridge
Registration date : 2016-02-02

Heater problem 97 hiace Empty
PostSubject: Heater problem 97 hiace   Heater problem 97 hiace Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Hello All,

I have no hot air coming from the blowers in my van. Have taken it to the garage who think that I need a new heater matrix. Has anyone had similair experiences? Where is a good place to get parts from? The garage were reluctant to source a part for me as it's an import. I'm not particularly mechanically minded so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have bled the radiator and topped up coolant to no avail.

Cheers,

Katie
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

Number of posts : 796
Home City : Netherlands
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace 4x4 DIY camper
Registration date : 2016-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Heater problem 97 hiace   Heater problem 97 hiace Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:34 pm

Hi Katie,

I think any Toyota dealer should be able to order you a new interior heater/radiator (not the big one under the car) based on your chassis number.

But maybe it is not necessary.

Basically it can be because of two issues: Air in the system (so not proper heat dissipation) - or a dirty clogged interior radiator.

I had the same issue, it was not so powerful. I flushed the coolant systems two times to get brown stuff out.

But it was only untill I put the gardenhose into the hose going to the interior heater and put it full open (lot of water and pressure) that major brown stuff was coming out.
Now it is delivering really hot air again.

So disconnect the hoses going to the interior heater/radiator (not the big one under the car), and put a garden hose at full power into it. And let it run for a while until it stops giving brown stuff, and only clear water is coming out.
Then top up with engine coolant again, and let it run for a while with the cap of, so you can add water when air is coming out.

Don't forget to enable heating inside the car, otherwise it can't get through. Also check this valve, as it should go open when enabling heating from inside.
You can check this by laying under the front of the car, behind the front bumper you should see two hoses going up (coming from engine compartiment)
Back to top Go down
kblack9

PostSubject: Re: Heater problem 97 hiace   Heater problem 97 hiace Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi that's great, thanks! I think the garage tried to flush the system but whatever is blocking it wouldn't budge. I just called the toyota garage who imformed me that the part is discontinued and that I wouldn't be able to get one from toyota. There is one listed on europarts for my van reg - do you know what the likelihood is that it will fit?

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Heater problem 97 hiace   Heater problem 97 hiace Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Do you have a link? Maybe they also show comparable Toyita OEM part number.
Back to top Go down
kblack9

PostSubject: Re: Heater problem 97 hiace   Heater problem 97 hiace Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 5:37 pm

Yes, here it is:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/heater-matrix

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hiace4wd
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Hiace4wd

PostSubject: Re: Heater problem 97 hiace   Heater problem 97 hiace Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:10 pm

Unfortunately it does not show the part.

But do you see anything saying OEM part number in the format of 45678-12345 in the description?

Anyway, chances are it will fit, if the type number is showing correctly. They will use the same heater for all versions of the super custom. There is only the chance that they ship you one from the later Hi-ace, the one where the engine is in the front and you're no longer sitting on the engine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heater problem 97 hiace   Heater problem 97 hiace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heater problem 97 hiace
Page 1 of 1