Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brake parts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cubicpete
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Axminster, Devon UK
Model and year : 1992 Hiace Reimo campervan
Registration date : 2013-07-24

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi all

My van (1992 3L, 2wd) has just failed it's MOT on a duff rear brake load limiter valve (part no. 47910-26200). Toyota said they don't have one, does anyone know where I could locate one or maybe get it refurbished?

Thanks in advance
Pete
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 8:57 pm

What is the matter with it?
Back to top Go down
cubicpete
Not so new now
Not so new now

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 11:09 pm

Good question Clive, the mechanic said it was leaking brake fluid?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 7:48 am

I'm sure it can be overhauled but would suggest a replacement from a breaker. Hiace van unit should fit no problem.
Have a look on www.toyodiy.com for first part no and what other vehicles it fits on.
Toyota can supply one they are just being lazy in looking for it, my local Toyota place is very helpful in finding parts for me for all my imports over the years, they don't even need to change the parts CD now to look them up and find latest/superseded parts - may even do an overhaul kit for it.
Back to top Go down
cubicpete
Not so new now
Not so new now

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:35 am

I would rather get a new part. Toyodiy hasn't really given me any alternative models, just lists the Hiace. The part seems very model specific, or my searching ability is rubbish (very likely!). Which dealer do you use for parts, I pass through Bristol regularly & could easily pick up.

Thanks for your help,
Pete
Back to top Go down
cubicpete
Not so new now
Not so new now

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 4:25 pm

Just phoned my local Toyota dealer, he could find the part on the system but it's listed as no longer available Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
cubicpete
Not so new now
Not so new now

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 11:49 am

Still no joy, might have to get it from Australia, any of our members down under have any recommended parts suppliers?
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Try these guys, http://www.bbcspares.com/ they're over in Watford, and may be able to source the part. No guarantee's though.

Also I know Nippon (http://www.nipponautospares.com/) have a Hiace campervan (M reg) in the yard that they are dismantling. I got the tailgate prior to my recent re-spray a couple of months back, so you could be able to get a used part, granted it's the same model?

Hope you get it sorted.

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
cubicpete
Not so new now
Not so new now

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 2:47 pm

Thanks Rich.

I meant to update this last week but had a bereavement in the family. My mechanic managed to adapt a HiLux part (available here) to fit so up & running again!

Pete
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 10:57 am

Sorry to hear about the bereavement Pete, but delighted to hear you managed to get your van sorted. Sounds like your mechanic is a good 'en being able to sort it by adapting a part.

Rich
Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Sponsored content

Brake parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brake parts   Brake parts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake parts
Page 1 of 1