Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
philosophyhelen
philosophyhelen

Number of posts : 6
Home City : dumfries and galloway
Model and year : 1998 Supercustom Toyota Hiace Camper Van 3.0 D EFI Turbo Diesel
Registration date : 2013-10-02

Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 5:32 pm

There was an advisory on mot last September for front brake discs and pads. Local one man mechanic, older guy, ordered discs and they were wrong...6 holes instead of 5. He said he doesn't know where to get the right ones. Meantime mechanic says the discs are good for a while yet.

Can anyone give me any advice on how/where I can get the correct discs. Is it a problem getting parts for imported Hiace's?

My Hiace is a 1998 Super Custom 3L Automatic Diesel EFI.

I love the van, had it a over a year and a half but am a bit concerned now about repairs/maintenance as I'm female and reliant on garages/mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:24 pm

Should be no problem, as an aside 6 holes are 4WD 5 rear wheel drive.

I believe the same running gear is used on hiace vans and hi-lux pick ups?
Back to top Go down
tamarack
Been here a while
Been here a while
tamarack

Number of posts : 101
Home City : Vancouver
Model and year : 92 Super Custom part time 4WD 2.8 3L auto
Registration date : 2010-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:22 am

try birmingham motor parts tel 01926 485 222. prepare to have the model and vin number located on the plate on the engine. If you can lift the left seat yourself and look at the shiny metal plate with the numbers on it it would help.
Back to top Go down
philosophyhelen
philosophyhelen

Model and year : 1998 Supercustom Toyota Hiace Camper Van 3.0 D EFI Turbo Diesel

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 3:33 am

Thank you Clive and Tamarack for your replies.

Useful to know the 6 hole disc is for the 4WD and the 5 hole for RWD. And thanks for the birmingham number to try.

What the mechanic said was that when he realised the discs were wrong he phoned the Nearest Toyota Dealer and they said he needed a code. So he phoned the local tms parts supplier to order the correct discs and they said they couldn't supply them because the vehicle was an import and that he would need to order from an importer. The mechanic has perhaps never dealt with imported vehicles before. It did make me panic a bit thinking I was going to have problems getting parts.

I've since found out that a Toyota dealer can order parts if you supply the vin number. Does anyone know if they can always supply a part/any part? I would guess they'll be the most expensive option?

I also know there are places around the country that import parts for imported vehicles.

I'm having to think now about the wisdom of planning to keep my van long term unless I can find someone local who can source parts and repair and maintain my van at a reasonable cost Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 3:53 am

Don't worry the basic running gear and engine was fitted to 100s of 1000s of vehicles Worldwide. It will be the trim that will be hard to find, but as that is only cosmetic, keep it and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
philosophyhelen
philosophyhelen

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 3:18 am

Clive wrote:
Don't worry the basic running gear and engine was fitted to 100s of 1000s of vehicles Worldwide. It will be the trim that will be hard to find, but as that is only cosmetic, keep it and enjoy it.

Yes I've researched myself and believe there shouldn't be a problem. Also went down to a little garage where the mechanic I mentioned in the first post took my van for mot last year and the garage owner remembered my van. Said I hadn't done enough miles yet for discs to need replaced yet and as long as brakes were ok not to worry.

Garage owner said to take van in a month before mot was due for service and if any parts were needed that gives him plenty of time to get them. Panic ended Very Happy

My Toyota Hiace camper is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I love driving it and it's been much admired. Hope I can keep it a long time. It all depends on cost of any repairs but from what I've read these vans are pretty reliable as long as they're serviced.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 1:45 am

Keep the van. They are awesome. Don't be put off with the "Oh it's an import" cr*p as it's just people being lazy. Sometimes the parts are not 'on the shelf' but they are on the shelf in the UK somewhere they've just got to look a tiny bit harder. My garage never has any issues getting parts, even to a replacement exhaust that wasn't astronomically overpriced.

Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Ace MM
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 49
Home City : California USA
Model and year : 1990 Super Custom 4WD Diesel LH107
Registration date : 2016-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 7:40 am

BUMP

Clive wrote:
as an aside 6 holes are 4WD 5 rear wheel drive.
In the US, the LE vans are 5 lug regardless.  Sad

Anyone have a source for 6 lug rotors? 43512-26130 or 43512-26100
LH107 4wd 3L diesel

Last edited by Ace MM on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trade no longer available)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel    Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anyone help..finding correct brake discs for 3L diesel
Page 1 of 1