Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Windscreen in Australia - what type???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New Windscreen in Australia - what type??? Empty
PostSubject: New Windscreen in Australia - what type???   New Windscreen in Australia - what type??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:23 am

Do windscreens from normal Hiace vans (eg courier/delivery van) fit super customs??
1995 SC 3Lt Diesel
Back to top Go down
wernerk
Been here a while
Been here a while
wernerk

Number of posts : 160
Home City : Flinders Park, South Australia
Model and year : 06/94 Toyota Hiace Super Custom 3.0L TD AWD
Registration date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Windscreen in Australia - what type???   New Windscreen in Australia - what type??? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 4:51 am

When I went to a windscreen place to get the source of a water leak identified, I was under the impression that they had to specially make the windscreen for my van (1994 SC 3litre Diesel). I was looking at possibly replacing mine as it has a few chips in it, but I didn't go ahead with the replacement. The leak was due to a missing drain pipe which had come off.

Just contact any windscreen place, they should be able to tell you whether a standard hiace window will fit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Windscreen in Australia - what type???   New Windscreen in Australia - what type??? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:29 pm

yeah - I've been told both YES and NO so far by different places. Windscreens Obrien took my VIN# and got back to me, but wouldn't give me a model number and lacked the details (of course!).

National Windscreens were really nice to me ...but said they couldn't find it on their catalogue (their online Cat had changed and the SC and other 'odd' models had disappeared on the update! grrrrr)

All good, I'll get there! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Jerilderie
Model and year : 1994 CS Limited
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: New Windscreen in Australia - what type???   New Windscreen in Australia - what type??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 12:57 pm

I took my 94 SC in for a new windscreen, the bloke was all apologetic because the tinted strip along the top was blue instead of brown, no dramas, standard hiace windscreen fits.
Back to top Go down
toldsimply
Been here a while
Been here a while
toldsimply

Number of posts : 254
Home City : Maidenhead, UK
Model and year : 1993 Toyota Hiace Super GL 2.8 Litre with selectable 4WD
Registration date : 2012-05-09

PostSubject: Re: New Windscreen in Australia - what type???   New Windscreen in Australia - what type??? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 8:39 am

Hi Frankenbok, I posted about this a couple of months back as had a bit of an issue sourcing one myself. The long and short of it is you can fit a Hiace compact van screen to an SC. The only difference is it won't have a fancy tint, but it is a whole lot cheaper, and in the my case in the UK a whole lot easier to source (1 day as opposed to an up to 6 week wait).

Rich

See original post
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com/t2835-windscreen-woes-where-can-i-get-a-new-one-asap

Back to top Go down
http://www.richleemusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Windscreen in Australia - what type???   New Windscreen in Australia - what type??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Windscreen in Australia - what type???
Page 1 of 1