Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dead snake in 1992 LWB Diesel air system, replace with AC?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
enervatix

enervatix

Number of posts : 1
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1992 LWB 2.4 Diesel
Kitted out with 400W of solar on roof rack, 300Ah batteries, C-Tek charge controllers, 3kW inverter, bed, storage and lighting for festival touring.
Registration date : 2014-10-24

Dead snake in 1992 LWB Diesel air system, replace with AC? Empty
PostSubject: Dead snake in 1992 LWB Diesel air system, replace with AC?   Dead snake in 1992 LWB Diesel air system, replace with AC? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 1:14 am

So funny but disgusting story, while driving back from a regional burn in new south whales, Australia, the outside/inside air shifter jammed up, weeks later it started getting real stinky, peaking with completely nauseating stench after some time in the hot sun at another festival. So I open up the console to discover that a snake (looks like a red belly black snake) over 2 meters in length had crawled up the air vent and likely been killed by the inside/outside air shifter a few weeks earlier.

So we disassembled the air system as best I could and cleaned the rotting snake guts out, fortunately I happened to randomly have a working gas mask in amongst my festival costume stuff, which helped make the wretched job a little less horrible. We did our best but it still stinks, it's tolerable to drive now at least, but not nice and I've yet to reassemble the air system, nor could I remove the bottom piece where I suspect there is more rotten snake guts.

I'm thinking this is probably a good excuse to upgrade to an air conditioner, I've been trawling for anyone wreaking similar models, as I understand it anything from 1989 to 2005 should be compatible, what I'm not sure about is weather airconditioners from petrol models would work with my 1992 diesel LWB hiace.

Does anyone have some tips or guidance they can pass onto a fellow hiace owner, such as what models I can expect to pull a compatible aircon from? also are there any secret waves or handshakes we should give to fellow hiace owners?

Cheers!

Rory
Back to top Go down

Dead snake in 1992 LWB Diesel air system, replace with AC?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: