Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TINMAN
Been here a while
Been here a while
TINMAN

Number of posts : 189
Home City : Springside ~~~ QLD.~~AUSTRALIA
Model and year : SUPER CUSTOM HIACE 2000 AWD
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot Empty
PostSubject: Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot   Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 10:32 pm

scratch Hello again Boys and Girls my Question just what and how hard is it to replace a CV joint Rubber Boot which is on my AWD -SC model 2000 which is the front axle and left side  Shocked i have done my paddock Subaru 4X4 which was no big deal  affraid I would like to take the axle out and replace both the rubber boots at the same time the boot is now broken at the small end and i have just covered the crack with silicon which is doing the job for now  cheers
so that is my Question and this OLD Bloke would like some help with problem please or next Question does some othe Toyota have the same drive on the front so i can get a manual for a look see ((just so i don't end up with too many parts left over when the job is done)) Very Happy

if i can get a reply i will just jump in and have a GO!! Merv
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot   Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 11:19 pm

I know nothing about working on Toyotas but many years ago I owned a Subaru 4x4 which had to have the CV boots replaced several times. Eventually the garage found an alternative split boot which could be fitted without the need to remove axles. It could be worth asking around to see if they exist for the Hiace.
Back to top Go down

Merv need HELP with CV rubber boot
Page 1 of 1