Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

speed sensor color coding ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

Number of posts : 65
Home City : London
Model and year : Toyota Hiace Cruising Cabin 1994
Registration date : 2012-08-15

speed sensor color coding ? Empty
PostSubject: speed sensor color coding ?   speed sensor color coding ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 am

Hi guys !
While driving on a dirt road in Argentina, a lucky stone kicked the plug out of the speed sensor (behind the gear box) and I now have 3 cables to plug back. I guess there was a nice plastic plug before, but now, it's only 3 cables.
Soooooo which one goes where ? Very Happy
We have a 1994 cruising cabin (LH119) if that helps.

Is there any chance I could burn something by plugging the cables in a random way ?
thanks,

David
Back to top Go down
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

PostSubject: Re: speed sensor color coding ?   speed sensor color coding ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:34 pm

if this is of any help, there is a brown, red with black stripe, and red with blue stripe
cheers,

David
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: speed sensor color coding ?   speed sensor color coding ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi,
From bottom to top I have brown (red?) with blue stripe, brown then red with black stripe...

Good luck.

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

PostSubject: Re: speed sensor color coding ?   speed sensor color coding ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:33 pm

thanks a lot, I really appreciate !
speedo is back to life Very Happy I did a list with all the possibilities, and this particular order was at the bottom !

David
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: speed sensor color coding ?   speed sensor color coding ? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 10:54 pm

You are welcome.. where are you now, BTW?

I backpacked in and out of Argentina 20 years ago- From Salta to Iguazu and down to Buenos Aires before crossing to Chile, then in and out of Glacier country and Ushuia... I hope you are finding it as fabulous as we did!!!

You must go to Torres del Paine!

Cheers,
W.
Back to top Go down
belett0
Not so new now
Not so new now
belett0

PostSubject: Re: speed sensor color coding ?   speed sensor color coding ? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 12:35 am

ah ! I am sending this message from Torres del Paine ! Winds are very strong here, and we are waiting for good weather before starting the big W.
We crossed from Chile to Salta about 2 months ago, then east to Iguazu, down and back west around Mendoza, Chile, carretera austral, back in Argentina in the peninsula valdes, and down down down, heading toward Ushuaia in a few weeks, the end of the trip is getting closer.

This is a fantastic journey, Argentina is a good place to finish the trip, way more relaxing than central america or the back country around Bolivia. The argentinian way of life is made of bbq in the wild, cheap and good wines, rough camping anywhere, and our cruising cabin is so perfect for this !

You should try to send your van down there and do the trip again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speed sensor color coding ?   speed sensor color coding ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

speed sensor color coding ?
Page 1 of 1