Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GG

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Glasgow
Registration date : 2014-06-25

ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Empty
PostSubject: ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S   ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Sparkies - forgive what will likely be some really basic Q's. Electrical is not my forte at best and the van is pretty new to us.

It is a 2001 Super Custom G. Pretty much exactly the beauty bus in the forum 'home' picture, above.

We have lost power to much of the centre dash (clock, air control, wing mirrors and maybe other stuff I haven't noticed yet). Suspected cause is my wee lad jamming a brass 'S' hook into the cig lighter, (tho he showed no sign of electrical malfunction himself). There is another possible cause, but for now I am assuming it is the 'S' hook.

First Q - does this make sense? Found the S hook in the cig lighter and all power (as described above) was gone. I would have thought he cld get quite a shock from doing that, but may be wrong.

So I am assuming the issue is blown fuses.

Second Q - where is / are the fuses for this?

Have read related posts. Looked to the left of steering column, (above driver's foot) and to right of steering column as well as to the right of passenger's right foot but can only see wires - nothing that appears to be fuses.

Third Q - Are these the 'leads?'
Do they lead to the fuses themselves?
How robust are these little wires? (I am hesitant to tug on them for fear of doing further damage.)

Fourth Q - Do I need to be removing plastic paneling to find the fuses? If so, how? Can't believe just forcing these panels apart is the right way.

I'm not sure if I get a note to my email telling me when I have a response to forum queries. If someone is willing, just a quick email to galmac(at)rocketmail.com telling me if I hear from the forum or need to check back wld be much appreciated, as would any guidance on the fuse issue, obviously.

Thanks - GGM
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S   ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:09 pm

Yup. That would do it. Fuse 4 (top of middle row? 15A blade fuse) is cig lighter, clock & mirrors...
Fuses are in a panel on the centre console side of the drivers footwell.
The wires in the passenger footwell are a red herring.
The Fuse box has a plastic cover on it but you don't need to take any trim apart.

Don't think you get an email prompt...

Cheers,
       W.

Last edited by WGWarburton on Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GG

PostSubject: Re: ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S   ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 8:42 am

WGW - Thanks for the info and the ping to my email. Will take another look today, with headlamp and without toddler. Saw what I think is the fuse box to wch you refer yesterday eve but didn't have time to take the screws out.
Thx again,
GGM
Back to top Go down
rubythursday
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 45
Home City : York
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom 2.4 Petrol. Wellhouse Conversion
Registration date : 2014-01-05

PostSubject: Re: ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S   ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 7:33 pm

No screws in mine, just clips off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonysimons.me.uk
GG

PostSubject: Re: ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S   ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Thanks both - found it and replaced the wee biddy that blew. All parts humming again. (And removed other items that may get shoved in the cig lighter.)

While I'm here: haven't seen those narrow blade fuses before. They're unlike the ones we have for the power management system in the (converted) rear. Are they hard to find?

Thx,
GGM
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S   ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 4:40 pm

Most spares places have both and even a 3rd type spade fuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S   ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ROOKIE FUSE BOX Q'S
Page 1 of 1