Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rims for winter

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Rims for winter Empty
PostSubject: Rims for winter   Rims for winter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi,
   I have a set of winter tyres that I need to fit, but would prefer to mount them on a second set of rims, so I can swap them more easily in future.

I've looked on eBay, where there are brand new ones for £400+, or odd ones every so often... Also on Preloved.. Buying individually isn't ideal- the shipping cost adds up fast.
I have seen Hilux & Surf wheels advertised occasionally, but I'm not confident enough that they are compatible (mostly it's the centre-bore that I'm concerned about) to risk it.

Can anyone help?

I'm based in central Scotland, the van is a '94 part-time 4x4 model and has the stock steel 15", six-stud rims. I'm not looking for anything fancy, another set the same would be just fine!!

Thanks.

Cheers,
          W.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Rims for winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rims for winter   Rims for winter Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Hilux/Surf will fit, basic running gear much the same.
Hiace van 4X4 will also fit but they are very rare, may be worth looking at commercial breaker sites?
Back to top Go down
WGWarburton
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 195
Home City : Central Scotland
Model and year : 94 2.8 Noppo HiTop Super-Long
Registration date : 2012-02-07

Rims for winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rims for winter   Rims for winter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:21 am

Hi again, 
                 Thanks for the reply, Clive,  but in the end the whole thing was simplified by a timely eBay auction.  Thanks to ebay user robysam2 for a straightforward transaction and for help arranging shipping. 
 I now have my winter tyres on a set like the ones in the picture on the banner (with the boat), only not quite so shiny... :-)

Cheers, 
              W.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rims for winter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rims for winter   Rims for winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rims for winter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Anything for sale or needed. (for the super custom blah blah) :: I need ...-
Jump to: