Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Key-off battery drain - what's yours?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
grimpanda
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : East Gippsland, VIC
Registration date : 2013-03-18

Key-off battery drain - what's yours? Empty
PostSubject: Key-off battery drain - what's yours?   Key-off battery drain - what's yours? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:42 am

Hi all,

I'm trying to chase down a potential earth leak/parasitic drain on my 97 SC - on a few occasions I've left the van in the carport for a week or more and find that it is either hard to crank over, or in a couple of cases, the battery totally flattened.

I'm getting around 80-90mA drain measured across the negative terminal to negative battery lead. This is with a brand spanking new battery.

I've disconnected all aftermarket devices - stereo, cigarette lighter phone chargers and pulled pretty much all of the fuses one by one, and still can't find the culprit.

I did discover however that simply having the boot open (even with all of the interior/door lights OFF) the drain goes up to 160mA.

What does everyone else read as their key-off battery drain?

Cheers,
Gabe

Back to top Go down

Key-off battery drain - what's yours?
Page 1 of 1