Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Couple of major Questions Please help!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dinka
Dinka

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Colombo
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Couple of major Questions Please help! Empty
PostSubject: Couple of major Questions Please help!   Couple of major Questions Please help! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Hey there folks ! My dad's good old Hiace LH103 1994 DX has been with us for 14 years and still goes like sting but last decade or so he didn't really have time to maintain it and its been going down hill but still works like a charm.. So I have been driving it for the past 2 weeks and fall in love with it all over ! And to say I love to drive it over our Toyota Rav4 2003 lol.. Anyways I'm gonna give it a make over so before I start I have to ask you good people some questions regarding it.

1.Can some one tell me what this engine is for example like (2JZ,1fz)
It says its a 3L 2779 cc engine ? Is this a Turbo Engine ? (This is not a picture I took but got it from the internet its the same thing.
Couple of major Questions Please help! BF139308_28
Couple of major Questions Please help! 10

2.Does this have ABS braking ? Because I just replaced the fuse that was sort of corroded in the battery compartment that said ABS 60A ? But I can't find the ABS unit anywhere to be seen ? Where is it located ?

3.Where is the Air Filter ?

4.sort of a odd issue.. Whenever the Head lamps/Signal lights/break lights or the switch the Blower to the high flow range the Oil level low warning indicator on the cluster lights up for no apparent reason because the oil level is at the dot perfect this only happens when the following things are switched on other than that there is no issue and when ever the headlamps are turned on I can not turn on the Radio it will not power up ? Its like when I turn the Head lamps on a Huge power drop occurs. and when ever the turn lights are on the speedo flickers

Got more stuff to ask but I will stop from here ask them later on as I start putting it back together.

Thanks mates:D
Back to top Go down
AussieQ
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
AussieQ

Number of posts : 884
Home City : Hervey Bay Qld
Model and year : 1994 sc
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Couple of major Questions Please help!   Couple of major Questions Please help! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:27 am

Air filter is behind the drivers side front wheel on RHS vehicles. Get at it from underneath. As for the ABS we have the same fuse but don't know whether it is actually there Smile Have fun
Back to top Go down
Dinka
Dinka

Number of posts : 10
Home City : Colombo
Registration date : 2013-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Couple of major Questions Please help!   Couple of major Questions Please help! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:48 am

AussieQ wrote:
Air filter is behind the drivers side front wheel on RHS vehicles. Get at it from underneath. As for the ABS we have the same fuse but don't know whether it is actually there :)Have fun
Thanks for answering some of the questions Smile Yeah ABS is no where to be found
Back to top Go down
BFG
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 24
Home City : West Midlands, UK
Model and year : 1994 HiAce Reimo conversion, 2.8 auto.
Registration date : 2012-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Couple of major Questions Please help!   Couple of major Questions Please help! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 4:06 pm

That's a 3L engine, 2.8 litre normally aspirated (non-turbo). Same as we've got in ours!

Electrical issues are always fun. Try pulling all the fuses and cleaning the contacts, and also check the alternator and engine earthing points. Also look for any damage to wiring where it's bundled together and going through a bulkhead. Somewhere on the forum there's a wiring diagram - it might help you.

Cheers,

Rob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of major Questions Please help!   Couple of major Questions Please help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple of major Questions Please help!
Page 1 of 1