Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
homeboy

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Woodridge
Registration date : 2013-08-18

WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE Empty
PostSubject: WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE   WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi All

I live in Queensland at Woodridge just south of Brisbane.

My 2LT Turbo diesel engine has given up the ghost. The rest of the vehicle is in good order.
If anyone has an engine to sell or can recommend a place where it can be reconned for a reasonable price please let me know.

Thanks in anticipation. I would hate to have to scrap the vehicle.
Back to top Go down
buklen

Number of posts : 7
Home City : Surrey Hills
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE   WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:49 am

this van has the same engine as the 4 runner and a hilux of the same age
Back to top Go down
homeboy

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Woodridge
Registration date : 2013-08-18

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE   WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 9:42 am

Thanks for that info. I have in fact investigated that, but all is not as simple as taking the Hilux engine and plonking it in to my vehicle. What I need to do is get hold of an identical engine that will literally plug-in replace mine. I cannot do any work on it as I am not a mechanic. It is proving very difficult to get a qualified answer to my problem and it looks as though I shall have to go to wrecking mine or selling it as is to someone who cares to take on the job of fixing it up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE   WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:39 pm

The basic 2.4 litre block is the same as that of the non turbo Hilux, the cylinder head is not.
The 2.4 Turbo engine has bigger valves and a different cam grind as well as a different port shape.
(You can still get new cams and heads for the turbo engines, if you know where to look)

To use a Hilux 2.4 litre (tubo or non turbo) engine, the oil cooler must be removed from the Hilux engine and the Hiace part installed as they are different, they are interchangeable though), the sumps are also different but interchangeable.

The 2.4LT engine in a Hilux Surf mounts the turbo high in the engine bay, the Hiace turbo is down low on the drivers side of the van but the turbo's are identical, it is the exhaust manifolds that are different and yep, they do interchange.
Any more info needed?
Give me a yell, I may even be able to put you in contact with an engine builder or supplier in your area that may be able to help you out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE   WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WANTED: 2LT TURBO DIESEL ENGINE FOR 1988 SUPER CUSTOM HIACE
Page 1 of 1