Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how does rear air con work

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mjphiace
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 43
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 4WD LWB 2.8 Auto High Top Camper 1994
LH129V-ERPDS
Registration date : 2010-04-07

how does rear air con work Empty
PostSubject: how does rear air con work   how does rear air con work Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I have a theory about the rear air con in my campervan that we are all lucky to have as toyota owners.

Does it run off 12v only or does it need engine on to run a compressor? The reason I ask is that I have a solar panel and in this scorchio weather we are having in uk it would be nice to wire it in to keep van cool when parked up or even use it as primary air con cause can really feel drag on engine with cab air con on. I am guessing it is pretty high power ie 10 amps plus on full, but to keep it on low?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: how does rear air con work   how does rear air con work Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:36 am

As far asa I'm aware of the engine.
Back to top Go down
NZIPTV
NZIPTV

Number of posts : 11
Home City : Taranaki, New Zealand
Model and year : 1995 Supercustom KZH100
Registration date : 2013-11-24

PostSubject: Re: how does rear air con work   how does rear air con work Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:14 am

Although this is an old thread, I have checked the way mine is set up.

The rear air con lines run down the pillar behind the front passengers door, and connect to the same system as the front air con.

Also, the rear air con will act as a fan only if the front air con and A/C button is turned off.

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: how does rear air con work   how does rear air con work Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:25 am

Must have had a bad day on my last post.

Yes it is a secondary system branching from the front and if fitted hot/cool box. Mine had the box which could be run without the front A/C on as could the rear A/C. The rear A/C button could turn thye rear off and on from the front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how does rear air con work   how does rear air con work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how does rear air con work
Page 1 of 1