Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Batteries ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Batteries ? Empty
PostSubject: Batteries ?   Batteries ? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 8:32 pm

My battery was struggling to turn "Betty" over this morning so I called to several local car parts shops.

I was told I would need a special Gel battery because of the lead caid not being able to be fitted inside a car (for safety reasons).

The battery that was fitted was a lead acid and I wondered if anyone had a gel battery fitted ?
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

Batteries ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batteries ?   Batteries ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 5:20 am

They are pulling your leg in hopes of getting to your wallet.

If the batteries are not sitting out open there should be no safety reason for requiring gel. Voltage is voltage just buy ones that fit in the space you have. I have 2 medium sized 12V batteries hooked up in parallel behind the passenger seat. Lots of amps.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1128
Home City : Bristol
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Batteries ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batteries ?   Batteries ? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 1:04 pm

Yep thought that might be the case.. Got a good chunky one.. size the same, 4 years gt.

£80.
Back to top Go down
https://hiace-super-custom.forumotion.com
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Batteries ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batteries ?   Batteries ? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Got a pair of 125amp deep cycle batteries under the bench, plus standard lead acid behind passenger's seat, use a Product called Battery Master to keep the main engine battery topped up when the van is not in use. Also charg Very Happy es the main battery when on hook-up automaticly. As long as the vent tube is installed out of the vehicle you will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Batteries ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batteries ?   Batteries ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batteries ?
Page 1 of 1