Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Air filters in UK

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rupertthebear

Number of posts : 2
Home City : Llandrindod Wells
Registration date : 2013-05-13

Air filters in UK  Empty
PostSubject: Air filters in UK    Air filters in UK  Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi I have a Toyota Hiace 3.0TD Supercustom 1996 - Where can I get a good air filter in UK for this vehicle.

Any body know the part number make etc Thanks

Rupert
Back to top Go down
mybigbearbum
Not so new now
Not so new now
mybigbearbum

Number of posts : 22
Home City : Birmingham UK
Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Full Time 4WD 3.0D Turbo EFI Manual, VIN KZH106-1007174
Registration date : 2014-02-12

Air filters in UK  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air filters in UK    Air filters in UK  Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:23 am

Hello, I am pretty much looking for the same part. Can anyone help please?

Kind regards,

Craig
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 83
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Air filters in UK  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air filters in UK    Air filters in UK  Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:53 am

Toyota part number 17801-67040 . In Australia there is no other vehicle I could find with the same filter so not common enough for toyota to stock locally and not available at independant parts shops. In this forum a unifilter that fits got a mention a while ago. just do a search and i'm sure you will find it. The std toyota part is expensive but also has many times the surface area of the aftermarket filters I examined to see if they would fit.

Cheers,
Dave
Back to top Go down
mybigbearbum
Not so new now
Not so new now
mybigbearbum

Model and year : 1994 Toyota Hiace Super Custom Full Time 4WD 3.0D Turbo EFI Manual, VIN KZH106-1007174

Air filters in UK  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air filters in UK    Air filters in UK  Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Thanks Dave. I am a novice with these vehicles and have only had it since January. I had a new stainless steel exhaust put on a few weeks ago and then had it serviced at Toyota. It is now really loud in the drivers seat. It seems quite blowy. I took it back to where I had the exhaust fitted and they seemed baffled and said it might be the air filter. Is it placed under the drivers seat?
Cheers,
Craig
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 83
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Air filters in UK  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air filters in UK    Air filters in UK  Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi Craig,

The air intake which you can sometimes hear the air sucking through is just to the rear of the driver's door opening and the the filter is the big cannister pretty much straight down from that right under the vehicle. If you get under the car a couple of feet behind the driver's wheel arch you should be able to see it. It should have a wingnut holding the cannister on which is threaded over a long spindle with the filter sandwiched inbetween.

Cheers, Dave
Back to top Go down
mybigbearbum
Not so new now
Not so new now
mybigbearbum

Air filters in UK  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air filters in UK    Air filters in UK  Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 11:45 am

Cheers again Dave. I had a look and it all seems in place. I'm guessing my blowy notice is the new stainless steel exhaust!! I've posted on the exhaust forum so hope to hear from that. Thanks again,
Regards,
Craig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Air filters in UK  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air filters in UK    Air filters in UK  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Air filters in UK
Page 1 of 1