Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Driveline vibration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Datman
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 23
Home City : NZ
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Driveline vibration Empty
PostSubject: Driveline vibration   Driveline vibration Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:52 am

I'm having a vibration issue with my 1998 4wd SC. when carrying loads in the back, I get a resonant vibration in the drivetrain somewhere from the rear. It goes away under deceleration but comes on again when you load up under throttle. Its quite bad esp when combining towing with heavy gear in the van. With nothing in the van or not towing it seems fine...

I have unfortunately been running the van for a while with one worn RH rear tyre and one new LH rear tyre.. Could this have caused diff bearing issues? Or is it more likely to be a worn pinion bearing or universal? It seems only with a heavy load ie the van is sitting slightly lower at the back that it vibrates. Just wondering whether to strip the whole rear end to check it... Or something else I can check first..
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Driveline vibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Driveline vibration   Driveline vibration Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:49 am

4WD all tyres should be the same, try that first.
Back to top Go down

Driveline vibration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: