Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OIL and things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
snd.wave~
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 20
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2011-04-22

OIL and things Empty
PostSubject: OIL and things   OIL and things Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi all,

I have had my '96 Hiace 3LT Turbo Diesel Auto Living Saloon for a bit over a year now, and absolutely love it! I bought it with 130k on the clock and it has purred ever since (touch wood). I have had it serviced a couple of times now when needed, and the last guy really encouraged me to keep an eye on the levels and look to service the vehicle myself, with a view to getting up to 500k on the clock. (the service was interstate so i guess he gathered i was not a return customer). Anyway, I didn't ask him too many questions on the day, but now I have few.

So, what is the best diesel oil to use with this Hiace? Also, what should I know about coolant, is there a better one to use? Any thing else I should be keeping a close eye on?

thanks!

Ben study
Back to top Go down
tonyscott

Number of posts : 5
Home City : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2013-07-17

OIL and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL and things   OIL and things Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:08 am

Every vehicle needs service and care after a specific period of time so you should keep an eye on milage and always check the coolant and different things for good performance. Always change an recommended engine oil from a good car care center. It will increase the life of your vehicle.

Our Website

Last edited by tonyscott on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

OIL and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL and things   OIL and things Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 am

Oil change every 5000Kms with filter every other change. No need for expensive oil as it does not stay in there long enough. The engines are old school and have a fair bit of blow by which is why the oil is jet black the moment after you put nice amber oil in.

Coolant check check and check again, keep on top of it and it will see you well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OIL and things Empty
PostSubject: Re: OIL and things   OIL and things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OIL and things
Page 1 of 1