Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matty2012

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Melbourne
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom??? Empty
PostSubject: Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???   Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom??? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:31 am

Hey Guys,

I'm pretty new to everything super custom related, but they seem like awesome vans, and the perfect thing to stuff a few boards in the back and head down the coast.

I'm looking to buy one for about AUD$10k, and will be converting it myself into a weekend getaway mover and shaker...

But they're not the easiest of cars to come across!?!

Could anyone help me with where to begin looking? Any import businesses that are reputable? Any tips for a newbie like me little ol' self?

Many thanks in advance..

Matty

Melbourne, Victoria
Back to top Go down
CustardCrazy
Not so new now
Not so new now
CustardCrazy

Number of posts : 83
Home City : Melbourne, Australia
Model and year : 1996 8 seater Super Custom 4WD KZH106
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???   Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 am

Hi Matty,

Unfortunately you will find most places that used to import the KZH100 or KZH106 series SC's no longer do so. I can think of three offhand including the place I bought mine from who now stock things like the Elgrand or much later and more expensive hiaces. You still might get someone to import one to order but you would probably have to pay upfront. Glam Imports and Southern Special Vehicles both had RAWS compliance for the Hiace SC when I was buying mine so you could try them. Last time I dropped in at Southern Special Vehicles they said they still serviced them.

Your best bet may be to travel interstate (NSW or Qld) or hang out for a secondhand one in Melbourne on Carsales. If I see one with a for sale on it I will post it. Were you after an AWD or 2WD model.

Cheers, Dave
Back to top Go down
Matty2012

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???   Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:45 am

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the advice mate - its appreciated.

I've been keeping an eye on Carsales etc for a few weeks and they're certainly not the easiest of vans to come across - but will keep the eyes on them.

Just out of interest, and if I do manage to find one that's worth checking out, can you think of any common issues for the super customs or parts that I should check, prior to handing over the dough?

I'll be getting an RACV check done anyway i'd imagine.

Cheers and all the best for the new year ahead!
Back to top Go down
Matty2012

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???   Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom??? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:46 am

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the advice mate - its appreciated.

I've been keeping an eye on Carsales etc for a few weeks and they're certainly not the easiest of vans to come across - but will keep the eyes on them.

Just out of interest, and if I do manage to find one that's worth checking out, can you think of any common issues for the super customs or parts that I should check, prior to handing over the dough?

I'll be getting an RACV check done anyway i'd imagine.

Cheers and all the best for the new year ahead!

PS. I'm open to either the AWD or the 2WD, but perhaps to keep things less complicated/expensive, might prefer the 2WD..
Back to top Go down
Mal_1200
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Jerilderie
Model and year : 1994 CS Limited
Registration date : 2010-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???   Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom??? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:12 pm

G'day Matty,

I'd definately be getting the ball joints checked, the ones for mine cost about 800-900 each, and they are as rare as rocking horse shit in Australia, in the end I had to paint mine up to look like new and pump them full of grease to get it through road worthy. Being an import ,they are definately not an economic vehicle to maintain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???   Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melbourne places to buy Hiace Super Custom???
Page 1 of 1