Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TROGLODITE

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Melbourne
Model and year : 1995 Super Custom 3lt Turbo Diesel 2WD
Registration date : 2011-04-09

SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run Empty
PostSubject: SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run   SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:25 am

Hi Guys first time Post hope you all can help me out.

Ive got a 1995 Supercustom 3l Turbo Diesel. we've had it for 18 months no problems but last week it just cutout while driving no warning lights etc.
When i turn the key it starts and blow a huge amount of smoke but the minute i let go of the key the engine cuts out.

I've looked on the forum for topics that might be related

Tried changing the ignition switch- no good

I am now looking at the possible leaky capacitor issue in the ECU but am wondering if anyone has any other leads as to where i might look for solution to the problem.

Love the SC and don't want to change as it suits our families needs so well.

Also having problems with the interior lights - Map lights at the front and the interior dome light at the back. Globes are good - fuses are good

From what I'm picking up there seems to be issues with wiring in these cars ??? any helpful hints re wiring faults

Would love any help guys - thanks
Back to top Go down
maztez
Not so new now
Not so new now
maztez

Number of posts : 89
Home City : Gold Coast Qld
Model and year : super custom 3ltr turbo diesel 1995
Registration date : 2011-06-11

SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run Empty
PostSubject: Re: SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run   SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Hey Troglodite , if you check back on my posts from last year , I had similar problems ..it was the ecu and had that fixed and all was well again ..
cheers Tezza
Back to top Go down

SuperCustom Starts but doesn't run
Page 1 of 1