Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oldbloke
Oldbloke

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Stevenage UK
Model and year : 1994 LWB Mid Top Camper 4WD
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working! Empty
PostSubject: Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working!   Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Guys,
First post, so hello to all.

I've already made use of the excellent tech help, I had a headlamp that was filling with water, have now whipped it out drained it and with use of the missus hairdryer it is now condensation free, it was a bit tricky removing the side lights as i was looking for a screw to remove... turns out on mine you just push from the inside and it comes off, i'm guessing it was once held in by a star washer.

Next problem.. the Spot lights don't work. My best guess is that the cause is me, not knowing where to switch them on.
I've searched other posts and seen the suggestion that there is an additional ring on the light stalk, not on mine... the only switch i've got with any sort of light symbol is the rear fog switch.

Any ideas?

Another quick one to add to that, once i've removed the two screws holding the rear lights on, should they just come away? or is there another fixing that i'm missing?
Back to top Go down
Clive
Hiace Master
Hiace Master
Clive

Number of posts : 1094
Home City : Bristol UK
Model and year : 2003 Range Rover 4.4 goes like a rocket and drinks like Oliver Reed!
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working!   Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:32 am

Is the switch the same type as the other dash switch? If so they may have just disconnected the fronts to power the rear. Otherwise are there bulbs fitted or the fuse.
Back to top Go down
Oldbloke
Oldbloke

Number of posts : 3
Home City : Stevenage UK
Model and year : 1994 LWB Mid Top Camper 4WD
Registration date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working!   Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm

bulbs are definitely fitted, I will check for a fuse at the weekend. Hopefully I can find a fuse plan on here somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working!   Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spot- (lights between the headlights)- not working!
Page 1 of 1