Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

Number of posts : 200
Home City : Taunton, Somerset UK
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Empty
PostSubject: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2007 10:32 pm

Very Happy Hello all,
Thought I would post a quick hello to all you fellow Hiace Custom Owners.
10 months ago imported a Toyota Hiace Super Custom "Pimp Bus" which I am in the pressent stages of professionally converting to a camper. The only thing that is being left alone is the Body Kit on the vehicle which is going to paint mid March. Have done the VW thing to death and wanted something fresh and reliable, best decision I have made in my opinion!!!!!
Will soon get round to putting some pics on the forum. Is there any offical organised meets etc that are taking place in the SW?

Look forward to speaking to you guys n gals soon.
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2007 7:30 pm

My exact story as well. I've driven 70's VW vans for about 15 years and basically got tired of having no heat and the non-stop tinkering that is required to keep it running well. I am removing much of the camping from my VW and puting it in my Hiace. The biggest project will be the pop-top. Not quite sure where (front or back) and how much of a hole to cut out of the roof of the Hiace....
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Doing a self build is a bit of a nightmare Sad . However am slowly getting there. Hardest part is trying to sort the Gas side of things at the moment. Everything is nearly there, then it's off to paint (deadline looming far too quick for my likking Shocked .
Ebay been a great help in all the camper spares but having a job finding front interior trim (sunvisors, carpet etc) for the van, still no where near as but hassle as the last type 2 was.
Back to top Go down
Chrissie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:25 pm

Me too....two type 2 vws and a self-build ambulance conversion. But vws break down all the time. The ambulance was too big to run as a second car so we bought Emmy the Hiace last week in the hope that it would be cheaper to run. As it has done 85 miles on £20 this week, I think weve got some engine maintenance to do!

Zoochy - do you really call constant breaking down, lack of heat and engine changes "tinkering"? I'm coming to visit!
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:54 am

Found that I am getting on average 28 mpg but was worse than this at first, first job when I got round to it was do all the filters and some injector cleaner in the fuel tank.

Don't get me wrong I did love the times with the VW's and have no regrets, however when on one splitty you go through 4 reduction boxes at £150.00 per recon unit and 2 engines, things start to get a little out of hand and money gets poured down the drain.

Have only 2 weeks away from deadline for paint so starting to geta tad worried now, not enough hours in the day Shocked . Going to get round putting the delivery pics so if any one is interested in what state it was in when I got him from Southampton, keep an eye out.

Zoochy, try contacting Reimo in Germany as they did do a roof for the van (if your's is the swb normal roof). They may have clearence stock. Smile
Back to top Go down
zoochy
Been here a while
Been here a while
zoochy

Number of posts : 148
Home City : Tropical Canada
Model and year : LH107G 1991
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 7:00 pm

I'm in Canada so going to Germany for kits and stopping by to fix things isn;t really an option. I drove my VW for 15 years and only broke down once that I couldn;t fix myself with simple tools, bailing wire, and duct tape. I'm not a great mechanic but the core system of the VW was very reilable, the little things continually broke though.

Spud_gun: I'm beginning to get the sence that you are correct and this conversion is going to be a nightmare. I'm in no rush though so I'll just keep pecking at it one piece at a time.

Also my fuel milage improved 2L/100km when I washed out the air filter and filled the tires to the proper pressure.
Back to top Go down
Spud_Gun
Been here a while
Been here a while
Spud_Gun

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 2:44 pm

Just a quick update, collecting van from paint on Tuesday of next week Exclamation . Will post pics of before and after shots (If I am happy with what they have done).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners   Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello to all you fellow Hiace Owners
Page 1 of 1