Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum

Anything Toyota Hiace related

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tyres

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cjs_surf
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Dublin
Model and year : 1991 LH119 PT 4WD Hight Top YMC Camper
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Tyres   Tyres Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Hi
I'm in Ireland and have a Hiace camper, high top YMC 4WD "Expert" with free wheel hubs, part time 4WD hi/lo auto bo, the engine is a 2.8 ltr 3L it's a 1991 LH119 chassis

One of the tyres is shot has a big bulge in it so I need a new one, they owe me nothing and I want to get 4 new ones. I'm having no luck finding the right ones here.

They are Toyo 195 80 R15 107/105 LT M+S and came from Japan, the spare is a Dunlop Desert duler 195 80 R15 LT not sure of load index.

The sicker on the door also says 195 R14 but I'm guessing the stock wheels were changed for the allowoys I have now.

I see some of you are using bigger, any problems.

I can get 205 70 R15 these -=> http://www.tyreshop.ie/index.php?p=2&id=2564

I use the van for surfing, so a tiny bit of light off road, nothing much. 99% road use.

What do you think?

Many Thanks

CJS
Back to top Go down
MalL
Been here a while
Been here a while

Number of posts : 155
Home City : Brisbane
Model and year : LH119 1991
Registration date : 2010-11-27

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:19 am

My LH119 appears to be the same as yours with the exception of the high top. It came from the importer fitted with Federal EcoVan LVR 215/70R 15C 109/107R. I make no recommendations for or against them having had nothing else on the van to make comparisons. They've been fine in the wet and with 30,000km on them seem to be wearing well. Tyre pressures are high, up to 60psi on the rear, so maybe not the thing if you're going into sand. My speedo has a 10% error so don't know if this is a result of the tyre profile.
Back to top Go down
Scrotes
Not so new now
Not so new now
Scrotes

Number of posts : 24
Home City : Wellington. NZ.
Model and year : 1994 SC 3.0 TD 4WD. -most useful vehicle I've ever owned. Should have bought one years ago!
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 am

How'd I have a KZH 106 which is 4wd also, and comes with 215/70 x 15 as standard.

Last year I put on a set of alloys and upsized to a set of Bridgestone Desert Dueler 235/60 x 16 all terrains.

These are great on the road and give plenty of traction off road. http://www.bridgestone.com.au/tyres/treads/d697.aspx

While researching tyre sizes I found this handy calculator which lets you figure out what the overall change in diameter will be when comparing different tyre sizes, and what the speedo error will be.

I was wanting 16" rims/tyres but didn't want to effect the overall gearing too much so went for a 60cm tyre profile.
http://www.ajdesigner.com/fl_tire/tire.php

Happy trails. Smile

Back to top Go down
cjs_surf
Not so new now
Not so new now

Number of posts : 33
Home City : Dublin
Model and year : 1991 LH119 PT 4WD Hight Top YMC Camper
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks guys - sorted now went for standard summer tyres as that is what most "cars" use here in the heaviest load index and speed raiting I could find. Now to get them fitted. Figured if I'd gone for a different size tyre and I ever had to put the spare on it would be different and might cause trouble!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyres
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyota Hiace Super Custom Owners Forum  :: Hiace Mechanical Matters :: GREASE MONKEY !!! (sorry couldnt resist its a BF2142 thing)-
Jump to: